Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2015, 04:14 PM   #1

Engine Cleaning DP Rear Radiator

Good Day All,
I have noticed that the engine on my 2005 Airstream DP (rear radiator) is starting to look a bit "untidy" in the last 11 months since I purchased it. We have put almost 12,000 miles on it and the usual dirt and grime are starting to accumulate. If I want to clean it myself, What is the best way and how do I go about avoiding any electrical issues (It is a Freightliner chassis and a CAT 330 C7 acert engine). Access to the top is under the bed.
Thanks in advance!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2015, 04:36 PM   #2

It's raining, what to do??

Old 10-11-2015, 05:18 PM   #3

Thanks, it wasn't obvious from the title!
Old 10-11-2015, 06:23 PM   #4

From the engine side if the coolers, with a garden sprayer use a solution of 1 cup Dawn and 1 cup Simple Green Extreme to 1 1/2 gal of water. Let set about 5 minutes, and rinse with garden hose. I do this three times, but the 2nd and 3rd are with the engine running. The fan will throw the solution to the dirtiest part of the coolers. I have about 7 inches to use the wand on the garden sprayer. The last flush with garden hose takes about 15 minutes to run clear without bubbles. Total time about 1 hour.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboyer View Post
From the engine side if the coolers, with a garden sprayer use a solution of 1 cup Dawn and 1 cup Simple Green Extreme to 1 1/2 gal of water. Let set about 5 minutes, and rinse with garden hose. I do this three times, but the 2nd and 3rd are with the engine running. The fan will throw the solution to the dirtiest part of the coolers. I have about 7 inches to use the wand on the garden sprayer. The last flush with garden hose takes about 15 minutes to run clear without bubbles. Total time about 1 hour.
But first make sure the wife's new car with the windows down isn't parked anyway near the rear of the coach. I mean nowhere near! The radiator clean job may only take 1 hour, but the car cleaning inside and outside will take much longer, and a wife never forgets things like that. Never.
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, radiator