Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-22-2015, 04:03 PM   #15
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by jtermini30 View Post
I have found that after the slide live in with the slide I kick it toward the slide and the end up sticking.
I don't understand what you mean.

BlueMoose105 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2015, 01:05 PM   #16
Gary, thanks for the post. I've had to restretch my carpet three times due to the rollers on the carpet. Also, the rollers leave deep carpet impressions when the slide is out. Luckily I still have my carpet tools from when I did this for a living 30 years ago. If I can't find out how I can keep these rollers off the floor then I may have to just replace the carpet with new carpet but glue it down (without padding underneath). I surely want engineered hardwood so I might have to make a trip to American Coach before I start this project.

mocauttx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 08:00 PM   #17
Originally Posted by epj View Post
We put 1/2" bamboo in our HR. Very very hard stuff. No problems with scratches. Also more expensive than laminate and more difficult (costly) to install. However, no question it will perform for the long haul.
I'm installing 1/2 inch bamboo in our 06 Revolution next week after I finally get all the tile and carpet out. Did you have to do anything special when installing bamboo rather than engineered hardwood? Also, did you bevel the edge of the strips that the driver's side slide rolls up on?
mocauttx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 05:29 AM   #18
We had the local RV repair place do the work. They have a guy there that is very talented in "restoration" type carpentry. The only comments I heard was how hard the bamboo was to cut. I don't think he did anything special for the slide. I don't see any roller marks when the slide is out. This guy did a remarkable job. The old floor was a combination of
carpet and laminate. Now, the only carpet is in the bedroom.
epj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 05:55 AM   #19
My doctors waiting room was redone in bamboo, looked really bad in a few months.

hundreds of scratches apparent.

Try to test it somehow before install IMO
HR Endeavor 38CDS - 330 Cat - Aero Muffler
Miata close behind | 585W solar w/Kid Controller
jimbo2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 08:03 AM   #20
Hardwood Floors

I replaced my carpet with engineered hardwood, distressed hickory, two years ago. It took me about 20 hours to complete the job. I spent more time removing staples and preparing the substrate than installing the new floor.
Initially I had minor scraping at both ends of the slide out under the rollers. A minor adjustment with aluminum shims solved the problem.
We love the outcome! Being a distressed floor makes it easy to touch up when minor damage happens.
Photo attached
2005 CC Inspire #51264
ronandsue74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 08:35 AM   #21
Although we didn't have that problem with our revolution a friend had that issue in their moho. Or at least he though he might have that problem. To at least reduce the effect, he installed the floor so the grain was with the slide direction. This way the scratches were essentially invisible or could be easily hidden. He used the same product as us. Pergo. We also installed the heat pads so the floor is always nice and warm. We left the kitchen and bathroom in tile and the rest changed to the Pergo.

radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 03:26 PM   #22
I'm ready to start the install process of a wood floor. (not the coach in my sig line) My main slide is the level type and appears to simply slide on the carpet in three areas.

I am contemplating buying a long length of rubber-backed runner carpet at HD and use that to protect the wood floor. Just roll it up and store it in the basement when not needed. I do know that I have to concern myself with the overall thickness of the floor as it seems to affect the plumb of the outside wall when the slide is retracted.

2015 Thor Challenger 37ND
LostinAustin is offline   Reply With Quote