Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-10-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Enhancement to the Dashboard! ...and a sad mouse "tail"...!

We have a pretty badly stained dashboard apparently from someone spraying some of that bleach stuff on the ceiling and allowing it to drip or whatever...can't find replacements for them unfortunately so I had an idea to use a bit of colored plexi-glass - the results below. The middle piece was the most noticeable. There's nothing (bleach outs) on the passenger side that's visible, but in front of the drive the entire 'belled' area' has the drip-stains...if someone can suggest which type (style) of dash this is for a dash-cover I would get one but none of them look like this one to me...?

...and here as briefly as possible is the "Mouse Tale" -

I was doing some plumbing work (other post/new learning) and when accessing some areas found an old mouses nest (or lair?) all full of insulation, paper, some nuts (lol) and droppings...we've seen petrified droppings already so we knew that there had been a stow-away...not connected yet I had also noticed in looking over the cabinet doors, etc, that there was an area by the fuse box and electrical connections (on the floor) where there was access under the cabinets (also to the climate control stuff and other) - the hinged, latching door had a small vent in front of the climate control box, and I had noticed that the wood at the bottom of the metal-grid vent was all missing...and I felt it and it was not splintery, etc...so I just scratched my head about how that had occured and figured 'cheap material' (which some of it seems like). Okay - so I'm accessing this other area on the other end of the cabinets and I find the mouse...long gone and nothing but fur with a tail (which freaked me out cause my hand had been in there without a flashlight at first)...anyway, we gave him the appropriate removal process and then I thought about that grid, and that wood and I knew how that poor mouse had died...the nest had been in another different area (b-room/water-heater) and this was in the kitchen - apparently having been trapped - I couldn't help but feel bad...

...even though if it would have been a live one I would have been after wanting it to be gone...however!

Ironic - Have a great weekend everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-09-10_15-09-24_890.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	262.7 KB
ID:	13731  

Firstpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
...added a piece of trim...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-09-10_17-07-35_35.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	299.1 KB
ID:	13732  

Firstpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
You might try contacting Dashboard Covers by Josie - Specializing in Dashboard Covers for Motorhomes!
2004 Damon Escaper 4076
randco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:17 AM   #4
Send a message via Skype™ to 45acp
This may be more work than you want. I have rebuilt/restored a couple old Blazers and found that some of the plastic interior parts were very hard to replace. I tried paint and that does not work well. Many auto parts suppliers sell spray on dye in many colors. This would require serious masking but it can be done. The dye does not crack, chip or peel and looks really good if applied lightly in several coats. I know its a lot of work but it can turn out very nice.
2002 Monaco Dynasty Chancellor 40' with ISL400 and Tag axel - Road Master 2000-1 Tow Dolly
Bill & Susie
45acp is offline   Reply With Quote