Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2016, 01:11 PM   #1

Entegra and Winnebago

OK, need a reality check. I have pretty much limited my search down to a 42DLQ in either an aspire or anthem but likely aspire due to price. Winnebago/Itasca has the 42 QD in the tour and ellipse and 42E in there lesser model journey/meridian. It is almost the exact same floor plan up through the kitchen but has a rear bathroom which I like more than the mid-bath on the entegra. I don't dislike the mid-bath but if entegra had both I would choose the rear bath. Pricing is reasonable comparable with both manufacturers. I just wanted a reality check from people with more experience than I have that enter is waaaaay better which has been my conclusion but the wines look nice and good floor plan. Please give me your thoughts,none for sale close to me that I can go drive, etc. Would love your opinions on quality, ride, resale, etc. I would love your thoughts. thanks, tom

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2016, 01:58 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
There is a 42RBQ and a 44DLQ the RBQ has a little smaller living room and a bath and a half; they are very similar. We are very happy with our Journey but our next will be an Entegra, probably either of those floorplans.

Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 03:22 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We looked at both and bought the Ellipse 2 years ago. Recommend you ask each of the respective sales folks to give you their list of make/model comparisons (believe me - they have a list of their competitor's features as compared to theirs). The list will help ease the confusion about what model had what, i.e., Aqua-Hot or not - what size, how many batteries - what capacity, single bath or bath-and-a-half, and so on.

I was looking for a solid chassis with plenty of CCC (~ 9K on the Ellipse) and significant horsepower/torque (450 HP Cummins) for our full-time travels up and down every mountain in the country.

Make a list of 'dealer/factory adds' that you'd like, i.e., more window awnings, different lights, vent covers, more/different batteries. When you're ready to buy you'll be more knowledgeable and prepared to negotiate on what matters most to you. And if buying new aim for 30% off of retail.

Let us know what results - safe travels ...
Old 06-11-2016, 03:46 PM   #4

Two year bumper to bumper warranty and first class customer service from Entegra. I don't think Winnebago can match that. If floor plans and price were in the same ballpark the decision will be easy for you. Entegra also has a pretty active owners association, can't speak the the Winnie folks. We have met some great people at rallies and now count many as good friends.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 04:05 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Our experience with WGO cannot be beat. WGO has taken parts out of production to provide us next day parts. Coupled with the fact they can make any part we need well into the future it would be a real toss up.

Based on numbers of complaints on this forum it appears that the failure rate is really low for WGO. To date WGO produces more MH a year than Entegra has produced since startup. Maybe there are not a lot of WGO owners complaining on this forum.

Our dealer (Lichtsinn) gives us excellent service. I have received trouble shooting/repair advice from the service manager so this this dealership is stellar. WGO now offers factory service in both Iowa and at the CC factory in Oregon.

Entegra owners appear to be a very loyal group. WGO owners are not quite as effusive. Regardless of which brand you purchase you will probably get a coach with a punch list. IMO both WGO and Entegra provide a good product.

We went with the floor plan that suited us the best. I believe that more owners change MH because the floor plan is not right than who built the unit.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincybear View Post
OK, need a reality check. I have pretty much limited my search down to a 42DLQ in either an aspire or anthem but likely aspire due to price. Winnebago/Itasca has the 42 QD in the tour and ellipse and 42E in there lesser model journey/meridian. It is almost the exact same floor plan up through the kitchen but has a rear bathroom which I like more than the mid-bath on the entegra. I don't dislike the mid-bath but if entegra had both I would choose the rear bath. Pricing is reasonable comparable with both manufacturers. I just wanted a reality check from people with more experience than I have that enter is waaaaay better which has been my conclusion but the wines look nice and good floor plan. Please give me your thoughts,none for sale close to me that I can go drive, etc. Would love your opinions on quality, ride, resale, etc. I realize I am on the entegra forum but would love your thoughts. thanks, tom
I just looked at your old Posts - the reality is you Want a Newer Coach.

You are ready to switch from Gas to Diesel - but what I am guessing is that it is just "TWO of YOU"? What is the Mission? Part time? Full Time?

Are you mechanically inclined? do you keep the coach maintained? I could go on and on.

IMHO all Coaches that are still being built have some good Quality.
All the Spartans ride similarly - as do the Freightlines.
All Coaches have poor resale.

I did this whole thing 16 years ago and have been Rving for just short of 50 years.

It's a big deal - in 99 I bought a Trop-I-Cal 37 feet beautiful but gas and rode like a truck. In 2004 I had a Travel Supreme Built the layout is perfect for US we are not full time but have spent seasons at a time in the Coach and we tail gated a lot back then so that was a big part.

When we had the Coach built we had some 80+ personal changes, some big many minor, so the point is there is a lot of thought that goes into the coach.

How do you live on the road, do you need space? do you Cook? do you need a desk/office? where is the TV? do you sit on the sofa at home? or in a chair?where does you wife sit?

just a few of the questions YOU need to answer - FLOORPLAN - that fits is critical, then comfort and safety and last but not Least Budget, many people hit the wall on this and it should be the first thing you decide.

So now you want me to Help You pick out the coach? probable not - get your budget - get you list in the order of Importance and then find the best Coach that will make you Happy.

BOL,

:thumb :

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago, entegra