Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Entegra Anthem

Anyone own one? Feedback ? Quality? We are considering one. We have an Allegro Bus and have had some real quality issues and are about fed up.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #2

Jafundy,
We have the Anthem 42RBQ all electric on order. We are picking it up in June so can't tell yet how we feel after the purchase. We have been researching for almost a year and have talked to various dealers who carry Entegra Coach plus other lines including Tiffin. We have no expertise in this stuff but are led to believe the Anthem is a great quality coach. I can say that I have communicated with Entegra Coach several times during our review process and they have been great in answering my questions in a very timely fashion. We have not read or heard anything but positive.

Bill

Old 05-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
We have about 5,000 miles on our 2011 Anthem 42RBQ and we love it! It is everything we had hoped and more. The ride is amazing. Entegra has been great to deal with. We have had a few minor issues, (none quality build related) and have been handled quickly and with a concern for our convenience. The only criticism I have was the lack of drawer space in the galley. It is ridiculous how few working drawers there are. But fortunately there is room to turn 2 of the flip down drawers into real drawers. We did that and now the galley is more than adequate, I wouldn’t change a thing.
Bill2011, congratulations on your purchase. You bought a great coach. I’m sure you will love it as much as we love ours!
Jafundy, from my perspective, Jayco has committed a lot of resources to making Entegra successful. If just a few coaches get out with quality issues, these forums would light up and Entegra would suffer. I feel like they are bending over backwards to deliver a quality product and that their customers are happy. We are!

Gary
Old 05-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #4

Gary,
It'
Old 05-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #5

Gary,
It's great to hear you are pleased with your coach. We can hardly wait for June to come so we can fly to the dealer and drive ours home. Thanks for the tip re galley drawers. I suspect we will do the same thing. By the way did you add a Tire Pressure Monitoring System? I am wondering what system to buy that would be compatible with the Anthem.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:59 PM   #6

i notice that the Anthem has a 50 gal propane tank.... if you get the option of the 450 Aqua Hot, does the propane tank go away or is the aqua hot propane fed?
Old 06-29-2011, 07:53 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
The Aqua-hot is diesel fired. I have the all-electric version (residential refrigerator), so I don't have a propane tank.

Gary
2017 Cornerstone(All Sold)
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:44 AM   #8

Hi IP5151,

I believe if you opt for the lower# aquahot it would be propane fired. The 450 however is as noted above diesel fired. That move alone however will not get rid of the propane tank since the standard refrigerator and range are propane. If you, as Gary (and I ) did opt for the electric components package (all electric) then you would have no propane.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:17 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

The 2012 Anthem is an all-electric coach. They've made a number of changes since 2011 and included many options as standard and the price has actually been reduced because of that. You won't have a propane tank on a 2012. To do that you would have to go down to a 2012 Aspire, which still has propane although the same engine (450 HP ISL) as the Anthem. However, the Anthem has IFS while the Aspire has a solid front axle. Both are now side radiator and exclusively Spartan. I just did a magazine article on the Anthem and was impressed. Look at one but you just have to drive one and you'll see the difference.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:16 AM   #10

I will be at The Rally in Redmond next month and hope to see a 2012 Anthem in person... For the past 18 months, we've been researching and reviewing coaches for our next (and last RV purchase, I hope) purchase. So far the Entegra line is winning out over the Tiffin line. Just have to see, touch, and feel an Entegra to make a final decision. good luck to me.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:19 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

You gotta drive it to really appreciate it. Then report back on your opinion.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
What Cruzer said!!! And I assume you read Cruzer's article. If not, you should.

Bill2011,
Did you get your coach? All go well???

Gary
2017 Cornerstone(All Sold)
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #13

Hi Gary. Yes we picked our coach up on June 13. It's a 2012 model all electric Anthem. Had a few issues like most and this was not unexpected. Our big ones were related to the slide-outs. Entegra asked us if we could re-route our trip back to Canada through Indiana so they could take care of it. We did that and all was corrected at the factory. While it put an extra 800 miles and 3 days onto our trip I have only good things to say about these guys. We still have problems with our generator that Onan thought were corrected but they re-occurred. Parts are being flown in and we hope to have resolved by Monday. I really feel all will be fine. This was the first time we ever drove a Class A. We got home yesterday and we now have almost 4,000 miles under our belts throgh thunder and lightening, windstorms,road closures, etc.. Very nervous driving the first day or so but after that I realized it seems to be easier than towing a fifth wheel. We love the coach and are extremely pleased with ourselves. We met a couple of other Entegra Coach owners in Middlebury while at the factory and one couple were kind enough to take us around town in their vehicle (we had flown in) and they explained to us how to operate many of the features of the coach. We had been given an overview of the various features while at the dealer but it hadn't stuck. (Too much info to take in in too short a time) Anyway as soon as we get our generator working we are off for an Atlantic Salmon fly fishing trip and some real enjoyment.

Bill
Old 06-29-2011, 08:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2011 View Post
Hi Gary. Yes we picked our coach up on June 13. It's a 2012 model all electric Anthem. Had a few issues like most and this was not unexpected. Our big ones were related to the slide-outs. Entegra asked us if we could re-route our trip back to Canada through Indiana so they could take care of it. We did that and all was corrected at the factory. While it put an extra 800 miles and 3 days onto our trip I have only good things to say about these guys. We still have problems with our generator that Onan thought were corrected but they re-occurred. Parts are being flown in and we hope to have resolved by Monday. I really feel all will be fine. This was the first time we ever drove a Class A. We got home yesterday and we now have almost 4,000 miles under our belts throgh thunder and lightening, windstorms,road closures, etc.. Very nervous driving the first day or so but after that I realized it seems to be easier than towing a fifth wheel. We love the coach and are extremely pleased with ourselves. We met a couple of other Entegra Coach owners in Middlebury while at the factory and one couple were kind enough to take us around town in their vehicle (we had flown in) and they explained to us how to operate many of the features of the coach. We had been given an overview of the various features while at the dealer but it hadn't stuck. (Too much info to take in in too short a time) Anyway as soon as we get our generator working we are off for an Atlantic Salmon fly fishing trip and some real enjoyment.

Bill
Dealing with Don, Joyce and Brian in the service dept made our trip there worthwhile....sounds like you had the same experience!

bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote