Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2016, 04:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Think you would be surprised if you looked at a Charleston today from where they used to be. Forest River has beefed up the Berkshire and the Charleston quite a bit over the last several years. They're not your father's Charleston anymore to paraphrase the old expression.
I looked at a few at the last show we went to. I'd still take an Entegra, but the Forest Rivers did look nice.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2016, 05:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatterbrain View Post
I looked at a few at the last show we went to. I'd still take an Entegra, but the Forest Rivers did look nice.
My point was that the Forest River brand has come a long way since Warren Buffett bought them. They were close to being gone in 2008 when the entire industry tanked, but now they have come back stronger than ever.

I think it would come down to what the difference in dollars was. If both units were the same price then the Entegra wins hands down if for no other reason than the two year warranty.

Old 02-06-2016, 02:49 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Now I'm partial to the Spartan Chassis and that is the main reason I'd pick the Entegra over the Forrest River but I go to the big Pomona RV show every year and Dollar for Dollar I'd buy the Entegra. Since Daimler-Benz purchased Freightliner it's better but they always tend to over engineer things (for starters look at the cooling fan setup on the side radiator, now that's really over engineered) and not in a good way. But that's just my opinion. Just for grins look at the Newmar lineup.

Craig & Carolyn Roberts Apple Valley, CA
2006 Newmar 3910 KSDP 400 ISL Cummins Spartan Mountian Master Chassis
Toad: 2017 GMC Canyon 4X4 Crewcab
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:03 AM   #18

Thanks everyone... Can't get past the 2 year warranty from Entegra... To me that is strong. I am looking at the Newmar now... Hard to tell which use the Spartan Chassis vs Freightliner.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:09 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherof5 View Post
Thanks everyone... Can't get past the 2 year warranty from Entegra... To me that is strong. I am looking at the Newmar now... Hard to tell which use the Spartan Chassis vs Freightliner.
Entregra uses only Spartan and Newmar, for some reason, only builds their very high end coaches on the the Spartan K2. They nolonger build on the Mountain Master and MM GT. I've heard that a lot of the people over at Entegra used to work at Newmar hence the similarities. Freightliner has been trying to put Spartan out of the Motorhome chassis business and the Manufactures are ponying up to it and that's not a good thing. I like competition. It keeps companies honest.

Craig & Carolyn Roberts Apple Valley, CA
2006 Newmar 3910 KSDP 400 ISL Cummins Spartan Mountian Master Chassis
Toad: 2017 GMC Canyon 4X4 Crewcab
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:23 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
So has anyone found the Entegra half bath to be too small? Any issues with getting to it or the fridge with slides in?
Bill & Jenny - 2016 Winnebago Itasca Ellipse 42HD, 43 ft, Cummins 8.9 ISL - Blue Ox and SMARTCAR. Once/month traveler in Midwest and (as ofen as possible) Southern US. Home - Nashville, Indiana (Beautiful Brown County)
jwmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:36 PM   #21

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
No question here. ASPIRE ALL THE WAY
Between those two I would agree although I'd take a look at Newmars too.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:45 PM   #22

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD788Snipe View Post
I've heard that a lot of the people over at Entegra used to work at Newmar hence the similarities.
True, that happened back when Travel Supreme started up. A lot of Newmar employees jumped ship, then were laid off when TS went under and were rehired when Entegra started. I'm sure there is a constant trade of workers between the two manufacturers.
As to the chassis. Newmar is now reworking the FL chassis and adding bracing to it. Looks a lot like the DynoMax chassis we have.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:26 AM   #23
RV Enthusiast

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
It's quite interesting really, when you get down to studying it. It seems that all the manufacturers are sort of related to each other one way or another. Like what was just previously stated, and like Mahlon Miller came from Holiday Rambler to Newmar etc.

Anyway, if you want a solid unit but budget keeps you in the Forrest River range, take a look at the Winnebago Tour, or even a year older Grand Tour. Otherwise a Newmar Ventana or couple year older Dutch Star, or three year older Mountain Aire would be recommended, all I've mentioned are solid rigs IMHO.

Safe travels!
W.D.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:50 PM   #24
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
It's quite interesting really, when you get down to studying it. It seems that all the manufacturers are sort of related to each other one way or another. Like what was just previously stated, and like Mahlon Miller came from Holiday Rambler to Newmar etc.

Anyway, if you want a solid unit but budget keeps you in the Forrest River range, take a look at the Winnebago Tour, or even a year older Grand Tour. Otherwise a Newmar Ventana or couple year older Dutch Star, or three year older Mountain Aire would be recommended, all I've mentioned are solid rigs IMHO.

Safe travels!
W.D.
Before our 2015 Ventana, we owned a 2010 Journey. Loved it. I think Winnebago makes an excellent product. Obviously the Journey is a step below our Ventana but there are certain things that were done better on the Winni. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Newmar or Winnebago to anyone.

Other units that always looked good at shows were Tiffin and Entegra. They both didn't have floor plans that fit our needs/desires.

Forest River, not so much. Never owned one but have looked at them every year at the Hershey show. There are obvious workmanship and material issues with everyone I've checked out that Newmar, Winnebago, Tiffin and Entegra beat hands down.

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:55 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
If you were at the fire in the camp here and asked the question I could only say that I have heard from guys that work on my RV that they do not like the Forest River. They have said to me that they have not been impressed with the workmanship. That is all I could pass on to you so take it for what it is or isn't worth. mark
Old 02-11-2016, 06:56 PM   #26

Entegra hands down.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:25 PM   #27

We love our Aspire. We have had a Mountain Aire and London Aire in the past.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:59 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmaustin View Post
So has anyone found the Entegra half bath to be too small? Any issues with getting to it or the fridge with slides in?
I had a Cornerstone and not an Aspire, but assuming the floorplans are similar, I thought the half bath was a decent size, and with slides in there were no problems reaching the fridge or the half bath. Hope this helps!

RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote