Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2016, 07:15 PM   #1

Entegra bones vs Tiffin storage.

Currently have a 5th wheel trailer, DW wants a motorhome, you know lay down when want too, fix food and most importantly use own bathroom. I'm sold on Entegra 44B quiet, good handling, feel that it is better insulated with a stiffer frame you know the bones of the coach. However, DW thinks there is so much more storage room in the Tiffin, say 45OP. Tiffin has washer dryer out of closet, more room for clothes,has medicine cabinets at sink (not seen on entegra) In general seems like larger and more cabinets in Tiffin.
Question is, has anyone done a comparison between the two and came to the same conclusion or have hard facts that the storage is about the same between the two. If we go full time will need all the storage for stuff we can find. Also, I don't want to hear from DW "I know that tiffin had more storage" if we end up with Entegra.
Thx, for any info.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2016, 07:41 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Yes, DW and I agree completely. Spent a lot of time looking at them both at Lazydays.

BoA36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 08:49 PM   #3

Keep in mind....you're supposed to downsize your stuff when you full-time. Full-timers do it in a cargo van and on up.....
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 06:47 AM   #4

Spartan Chassis
Short of measuring every storage space in both coaches and comparing the cubic foot totals there's no way to know how they compare- it's just a subjective opinion. If you could know for sure what's a big enough storage volume difference to actually make a difference? 10%, 20%?

Logically, if the interior lenths, widths and heights of the coaches are about the same, the overall interior volume is about the same. If one coach has "significantly" more storage it has less living space since the interior volume is fixed. I would rather discard "stuff" than give up living space.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:09 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Drive them both and then add that to the mix. IMO, the drive is much more important than the "storage". People can always find a "space" to put something they really need. IMO, my Entegra Anthem 44B has plenty of storage. We don't use all the room in the cabinets and our basement has plenty of space left as well and have been living in it for two years.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:23 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I have to give Tiffin top marks for storage. No so much on the our makes, however. Tiffin understands that stuff "needs a home" when you are traveling.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 08:41 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffy1 View Post
Currently have a 5th wheel trailer, DW wants a motorhome, you know lay down when want too, fix food and most importantly use own bathroom. I'm sold on Entegra 44B quiet, good handling, feel that it is better insulated with a stiffer frame you know the bones of the coach. However, DW thinks there is so much more storage room in the Tiffin, say 45OP. Tiffin has washer dryer out of closet, more room for clothes,has medicine cabinets at sink (not seen on entegra) In general seems like larger and more cabinets in Tiffin.
Question is, has anyone done a comparison between the two and came to the same conclusion or have hard facts that the storage is about the same between the two. If we go full time will need all the storage for stuff we can find. Also, I don't want to hear from DW "I know that tiffin had more storage" if we end up with Entegra.
Thx, for any info.
Both manufacturers have good products.

I have observed it DW thinks there is more storage in one over the other it is probably true. After all their belief is their reality. Perhaps she just sees a better fit for what she would like to bring along.

Some manufacturers are very good at utilizing nooks and crannies for storing stuff. Add a shelf or two and a door and voila a place to store something. Others miss the opportunity to utilize the space.

Believing one frame is stiffer than another is just as subjective. If you have a link to a site that lists torsion tests please post it as it would be interesting to look at.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:45 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I own an Entegra Anthem. I think the Tiffen 45OP is the best floor plan I have ever seen and I have been tempted by it. However, I won't buy Tiffen for the following reasons:

Entegra Construction and quietness as mentioned above.
Entegra insulation beats anybody out there. It is extremely comfortable and quiet inside no matter how hot or cold outside.

Entegra basement height is several inches more than Tiffen's so that you can carry much more in the basement.

Entegra's two-year warranty vs everybody else's 1 year.

Red Bay service issues. Red Bay is off the beaten track and hard to get to unless you happen to live in that region. There is very little to do there while waiting for your coach. People report waiting weeks at the factory before being seen because Tiffen won't give service appointments. I don't have time for that. Entegra makes appointments and keeps them (although they must be made well in advance). Both companies have an outstanding reputation for standing behind their product.

I wish other manufacturers (Entegra, Newmar, American?) would adopt a floor plan like Tiffen's 45OP, because it is outstanding, but the issues above will not allow me to buy a Tiffen.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:22 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
In a 45' MH, storage in any model would not be a deciding factor for me. Plenty of storage everywhere.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 12:09 PM   #10

Thanks for all the replies, although DW will have the ultimate decision.
MRUSA14, you are exactly where I'm at. I like the 45OP, I even like the woodwork better. However, for the reasons mentioned I just can't bring myself to buy one, Yet!
Thx again. Gary

Tags
entegra, storage, tiffin