Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #1

Question Entegra vs American Coach???

Now that Entegra (Aspire) has eliminated anything under 42' (at least for now), I ended up over at American Coach looking at their Revolution 38S (VERY NICE!). Seems like the two brands are very similar and almost identical in price. What about quality and service? and what about the big deal over Entegra's "Sikkens" paint? They both have the Cummins 400HP ISL with the Allison 3000.

Thx

Kathryn

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
I didn't think AC made anything under a 42? We just bought one several months ago, their entry level unit is the Revolution, but previous to early 2011 they were built as a high end Fleetwood class A. After two short trips we are very happy with it, had a Fleetwood 08 39S Discovery that was good too. The Integra's are very nice, don't think there would be a bad choice between the two. I would think starting with what floor plan/decor you like best then go with it. We love our Aquahot and the Spartan ride is much nicer than our Freightliner, but it is a tag axle.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan, Spartan, Spartan .... tag, tag, tag ... oh, and Michelin. You can see what we bought and it's our 5th Coach so we feel the process and decision was pretty well informed? Sikkens - absolutely fantastic product and process, but it didn't make us choose the whole coach. Spartan Mountain Master dressed as a "Liberty" with the 450 Cummins --- ooh la la. Now that AC's are about to be built on Freightliner - The two horses just got way closer in this race? Grab an '11 on a Spartan while you can. Obviously I am biased. Factory service and attitude has been great at AC - can't comment on Entegra. I don't think there's even the possibility of a bad choice for you here, just one that might be a bit more pleasing than the other?
Coached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #4

I would scan the Entegra and the AC forums on this forum. Ignore the components, AC, Gen, Microwave, Furnace etc. and focus on the coach itself. You will find unbiased opinions there. We are on our 4th American Coach and the Factory support is great!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #5

Got a new 42W Rev also and it is great. What a improvement over my 2011 40 foot Phaeton on the Freightliner chassis. It is like night and day. Love this thing!!
Old 06-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Well, I am having a problem finding an automotive paint supplier for Sikkens paint in my local market. Sikkens house paint is much simpler.

Sikkens paint has held up very well for 17 years in outdoor storage on our rig, but I would not choose a rig based upon the paint manufacturer. There is lots of quality paint brands out there.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We shopped the Entegra Anthem against the American Revolution we purchased. I felt the construction and amenaties were much closer between these, I felt the Aspire was closer to maybe a Tiffin Phaeton or maybe a Fleetwood Discovery. Both very nice coaches, but perhaps a notch below the Anthem and/or Revolution.

The 38' Revolution is "new" to the line. I think they had a 40' years ago and have, essentially, brought that back.

We too have been very happy with the American Coach Service department which, unfortunately, we've had to rely on far too much (although I think we've got a handle on it now). Not an inditement of American Coach as much as the industry as a whole. We left Tiffin due to a rash of what we felt were serious quality issues at the time as well as what we felt was a superiorly engineered and constructed product.

Good luck!

I don't think you can go very wrong with either coach.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #8

We also looked at the Entegra Anthem but we loved the floor plan of the American Revolution 42T. We bought the Revolution 1 month ago and we are very happy. I don't think you can go wrong either way....Go with your favorite floor plan. I think the quality of both are excellent.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Through the 2012 model year the edge went to American Coach IMHO. Entegra has done some major upgrades in floor plans and features which would bring them much closer and they are staying with Spartan. I am personally concerned about American moving to a Freightliner based Liberty Chassis. Staying with Spartan could shift the Advantage to Entegra. We have to wait and see how successful AC is with the Freightliner Liberty Chassis.

Dave
Old 06-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #10

I know you've been over at the Jayco/Entegra forum too but I thought I'd add my input here as well.

The Entegra actually has the 450 hp Cummins. We never looked at the AC units since we so quickly fell in love with our Aspire. Regarding service and after the purchase support it's hard to imagine anyone doing it better than Entegra. Nothing against AC at all. I know many satisfied AC owners. Since your purchase is still months away you might want to sit tight for now and see what both companies do. For example see what Entegra comes out with floor plan-wise in the 40' category. See how AC's switch to Freightliner goes etc. I do agree - both coaches would be great choices BUT I am biased towards Entegra.
rvguy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
We shopped the Entegra Anthem against the American Revolution we purchased. I felt the construction and amenaties were much closer between these, I felt the Aspire was closer to maybe a Tiffin Phaeton or maybe a Fleetwood Discovery. Both very nice coaches, but perhaps a notch below the Anthem and/or Revolution.

The 38' Revolution is "new" to the line. I think they had a 40' years ago and have, essentially, brought that back.

We too have been very happy with the American Coach Service department which, unfortunately, we've had to rely on far too much (although I think we've got a handle on it now). Not an inditement of American Coach as much as the industry as a whole. We left Tiffin due to a rash of what we felt were serious quality issues at the time as well as what we felt was a superiorly engineered and constructed product.

Good luck!

I don't think you can go very wrong with either coach.
The Revolution is closer to an Aspire! Except for engine size the Anthem has as much as the Eagle offers for considerably less $$. Before we bought our Anthem we went back and forth between the Eagle and Anthem. We went to both factory tours and were incredibly impressed with the Entegra built coaches. The insulation R-factor alone is worth it to me as we live in our coach at least 8 months of the year. With the new Anthem paint schemes it would be an easier choice now.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
tag, tag, tag ... I just came back from 2/3 the way down Florida - about 1300 miles. The difference in handling (especially in these windy conditions lately), braking (one extra set), comfort, and increased cargo capacity is well worth it. Over on the Tiffin site you got People now realizing that the 40' Phaeton has almost no cargo capacity left after weighing properly and staying within safe (axle) margins? How many more 40's out there have the same consideration? This is our second tag and I cannot over*stress the difference(s) you experience for the small (relatively) extra amount at purchase? I'm also thinkin' resale on a go forward basis could easily come down to tags and Class B's!!??
Coached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #13

Question Motorhome handling on the road

Can anybody tell me how the Integra handles on the road compared to driving a Newmar with the Comfort Drive system?
Old 06-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

A well-designed coach will have adequate carrying capacity and handle well whether tag or not. My American Tradition 40 has a 3700 lb capacity even with full water and LP and handles solidly in all conditions. But I've seen 42 foot models with a tag that still have weight problems on the front axle. They have a huge GVWR because of the extra rear capacity, but you can't use it because the front is near max anyway.

The moral is to not make any generalized conclusions and check the front and rear axle weights vs ratings carefully before you buy.

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote