Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2013, 10:41 PM   #57

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
Disagree. An assembly line enhances the possibility of quality by standardizing procedures. But the quality comes from the attitude and dedication of the people doing the work, and this is exactly why comparing Newmar and Entegra is like comparing apples and brake drums.

Newmar has a 50 year corporate culture of high-end quality undergirding all of its design, manufacturing, and marketing. Jayco has a 50 year corporate culture of middle-class trailers. They've tried luxury coaches once before, and either couldn't or wouldn't make the grade.

They've hired some Newmar folks, and are copying a lot of Newmar's best practices. This can only be good. They're making some beautiful coaches, but it will be 2025 or later before a judgment can be made as to whether the 2010 Entegra line is as reliable as the Newmar line against which it competes. I also find it disappointing that even their choice of a name is a subliminal marketing ploy. Why didn't they just call the company "Integrity", and skip the high-school games?

I wish them luck, I really do, because legitimate competition can only benefit the industry. But at this point there's no way to put the two companies on a par. IMHO.
If you are going to quote me, please include the entire quote-"I doubt that the Newmar fans will ever convince the Entegra fans or vice-versa. To each his own. We liked the fact that with Entegra pretty much everything was included. Our coach only had two options. Others like to pick and choose from the multitude of options offered by Newmar. IMHO, the less variation in an assembly line, the more likely the quality will be consistent-hopefully for the better."

2015 F-150 King Ranch LB 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost Toad, Texas Boomers RV Club
FMCA F292298, NRA Benefactor Life Member
dlovitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #58

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The Entegra line is intriguing, and I have looked them over. The salesman tried to tell me all about the features that only Entegra had. Then I pointed out to him that Newmar had been doing them for years.
After having two Newmars and being around Newells (one in our club) and Foretravel's (my parents) you won't convince us to change from Newmar.
On both our DSDP's we've made fairly significant changes to the floorplan and interior options. Plus they stood up and did the right thing by us when we discovered a serious overload condition (that should have never happened in the first place though).
However, they both have their niche in the market place.
And copying is a very sincere form of flattery to be sure. Hiring employees away is common in most industries too.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:59 AM   #59

One vote for Entegra... and for Newmar

I'm voting for Entegra... if you're looking at resale units like I am. I'm looking at 0-2 y/o coaches from Newmar and Entegra, and the Entegra seems to show a bit more depreciation, hence better bargains in bang-for-the-buck.

Incidentally, this is also a vote for Newmar - for holding their resale value better.

David
davidahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:46 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by onourway2013 View Post
Kathyrn
What did u finally decide? I agree with most they are both beautiful coaches.
Had some unexpected stuff come up, so I am still looking and lurking. Have also been considering some high end used units - Beaver Marquis, Monaco Signature, Country Coach and Travel Supreme Select - if I need to cut the budget.

My mind was pretty solidly made up for Newmar if I got a new unit. I didn't really care for any of the Entegra 2012-2013 floorplans without big changes, which Entegra doesn't do, and they were talking 10 months or more lag time on the orders. That, and the custom changes and the IFS were what really made up my mind for Newmar.

BUT ... then Newmar came out with the 2014. MANY incredible changes, all good ... but I HATE HATE HATE the exterior graphic design ... yes, enough to outweigh all the other great stuff! Just me ... many love it.

So I saw your thread and thought I would look. I had seen the new floorplan for that 44U, the first plan from Entegra that I loved with no changes! (almost, anyway) and I wondered if it looked as good as the plan. I will say, your coach, and the GREAT pictures you have been posting, made me take a whole new look at Entegra! That is one BEAUTIFUL plan!!! I especially like all the pantry space.

So I'm still open and on the see-saw, but right now that 44U is the flavor of the week!

Once all my stuff is straightened out and my budget set, I will actually go drive each unit. I believe both companies make an exceptional quality coach, and it will really come down to how I feel in the actual unit ... I think I'll know "home" when I walk through it.

I am going to try to make it to the Tampa Supershow in January. That would be the first time I saw either unit "in the flesh", so to speak.

Question? What is the lead time on Entegra now? from order deposit to delivery?

So ... still looking and learning!

Kathryn

~~~

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #61

Entegra Owners Club
It is about 4 months now.
Again both are beautiful coaches, we actually were considering the Dutch Star, but Entegra won in the end. I saw a 2006 Travel Supreme at Lazy Days that was beautiful. Good luck with what ever you decide.
onourway2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #62

Always wonder why many of the Entegra Anthem/Aspire ads will say "sleeps 2." Really? I would count at a minimum, on any Entegra floorplan, 2 sleepers in Master bedroom and 2 on a pull out sleeper sofa up front, That makes 4 sleepers.

But on the Newmar DS I see floor plan options such as the 43 with the king size, a 74" easy bed sofa and on the opposite side a 92" hide-a-bed sofa. Was told my a salesman for 'another' company that you can't have two opposing sleepers cause lack of room but I'm sure looking at one right now. Anyway, that's sleeping a minimum of "6" right there, so that if that floor plan is as it says it is that would lean us to the Newmar because we entertain others and travel with family and friends and the more sleepers the better.

Wish Entergra would have opposing sleepers up front, a jackknife sofa and a couch or something for more beds.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #63

Entegra Owners Club
They do
We actually ordered an ASPIRE DLQ and it had a jack knife on one side and queen air on the other. We then changed order to Aspire 44U, and lost the jack knife.
onourway2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:37 PM   #64

Entegra Owners Club
We have an Aspire RBQ with a queen sleeper on one side and the jack knife opposite. And enough floor space to add an air mattress if we needed to sleep more. There are pictures on another thread of a Cornerstone that has been customized and has three queen sleepers. Not sure I would want to sleep that many in a coach but if you need it, it can be done.
hdgoldie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
We have an Aspire RBQ with a queen sleeper on one side and the jack knife opposite. .
Is the jackknife a sleeper sofa as well?

Still don't know why many advertise "sleeps 2."
What is that, a tent?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #66

Entegra Owners Club
The jack knife folds flat and is probably double bed size - not sure it could be called a queen. It is only a jack knife, the queen sleeper is opposite. We haven't used it but I would say our coach sleeps 6 - it certainly has bigger beds than the boats we used to have that claimed to sleep 6. There is a floorplan that has two euro loungers and a desk - that one would sleep two. Maybe that was what you were seeing?

Check the Entegra website - the floorplans and the options on seating/sleeping are shown under each model.
hdgoldie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #67

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlovitt View Post
If you are going to quote me, please include the entire quote-"I doubt that the Newmar fans will ever convince the Entegra fans or vice-versa. To each his own. We liked the fact that with Entegra pretty much everything was included. Our coach only had two options. Others like to pick and choose from the multitude of options offered by Newmar. IMHO, the less variation in an assembly line, the more likely the quality will be consistent-hopefully for the better."
I have visited both assembly lines in the last three months. I found little difference in manufacturing techniques. I found what I considered strengths and weaknesses at both factories. IMHO, suggesting a lack of linage makes Entegra a lesser choice when the legacy is a highly respected Travel Supreme and backed by Jayco (40 years) and a two year warrantee seems like faulty logic.

Copying best practices of one company doesn't diminish the quality of either company; certainly it edifies Newmar's approaches, but it doesn't denigrate Entegra. Emulating best practices is characteristic of a mature, confident, and usually successful company.

Newmar makes great coaches. I'd venture that many of the new things Newmar is bringing out this year are because of increasing competitive pressure from Entegra. Competition is good for the customer. In Sept 2013, I chose Entegra Anthem compared to Newmar Mountain Aire. If I was choosing again in 2014, I would do the same analysis I did in 2013. Don't know what the choice would be, but I do know that with either, it would be a good choice. And I don't think I'll need to wait till 2025 to validate that choice. JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:26 AM   #68

Monaco Owners Club
I see air leveling is not available on the entire Entegra line. In Newmar you have to go to the King Air to get it.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:37 AM   #69

Entegra Owners Club
A friend has Hadley Air system on Cornerstone and uses it to "air level". Not sure what you mean, but if that is the same thing, then Entegra Cornerstone has it. IMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #70

Entegra absolutely DOES have air leveling on the Cornerstone line. In fact, the Cornerstone has BOTH the Hadley air leveling system as well as the hydraulic jack automatic leveling system.

Ann n Gene is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar