Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-28-2016, 11:31 AM   #29

I don't think that "entry level" means is bad. It usually means there are not a lot of opinions for the model, and there are not a lot of perks. There are also some cost saving things the manufacturer will do. Laminated cabinetry versus solid wood, etc.

That said, there are a lot of "entry level" RVs out there, that are still giving their owners a great deal of pleasure, and a lot of them have been a few miles down the road.

BTW I dislike the term "entry level".

Tony & Ruth........... FMCA#F416727
Newmar Dutch Star 4320, Spartan MM Chassis, Cat C9, Jeep Grand Cherokee,with Hemi, hooked up with a Blue Ox Aventa LX, and Brake Buddy.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2016, 03:51 PM   #30
Originally Posted by ksmith View Post
I am staying around 30ft because i dont feel comfortable driving anything 35ft or longer. I had a used diesel 36ft once and did nothing but repair it. I like diesels but prefer a gas this time. Now that you have explained what entry level is I can figure out mid and high end. Looking to stay less than $100,000. Thanks for all the inputs.
You're obviously not going to be buying new and would never recommend that to anyone. People do however and that's good for people like me, so I just keeping backing up in the age of a quality product, until the price is one, that I'm willing to pay.
Having said all this and if I was looking into a gas model, I'd probably be considering a Newmar Canyon Star and they even have a 1 1/2 bath model.

07 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_C9 Clatterpillar_ Allison 3000
1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (SOLD)
Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 07:19 AM   #31
FWIW in the 30 ft range the second bath costs space one does not have. It takes about 30 ft to get a decent spaces for the kitchen, living, sleeping and bathing spaces. Going under and they run into each other. Going over and one starts getting closets or second bath or bunk space. It all comes down to what you want.

FWIW2 I was pretty hot on Newmar until I started figuring out the weight issues. The 26,000 weight limit for driver license reasons puts some of the coaches with a marginal towed capacity if one is trying to stay legal. Don't get me wrong, they are a nice coach and well built. They will do the job. The issue is a legal game.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 12:07 PM   #32
Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have been looking at rv sales websites from old to new RVS. I was surprised today when I saw I have been a member since Join Date: 03-18-2012 and am now A Senior Member Whoopie. You all have great answers to my questions and I am still digesting all your thoughts. I have learned what to look for to determine if a motorhome is an entry level or not and I have looked at the Tampa RV shows and Jacksonville shows for five years or so now. I did own a 2001 Monaco Knight DP that put the fear of fire in me because of rear hydraulic brakes but that is another story is in the Monaco Forums. We have looked at the websites for the Fleetwood Bounder 34t and the HolidayRambler vacationer 34st. they look so much better as for interior than the Thor models we were looking at. they both have 2 AC units and the vacationer has large holding tanks. Same Ford gas chassis. I will continue to look at new and older motorhomes with your suggestions in mind. Will be another RVshow is coming to Jacksonville in February, so I will get to check out some more models. Thanks for the information.
Mr. Kim Smith, the one with a beard.
1997 Holiday Rambler 24BC Travel Trailer
ksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:10 AM   #33
Winnebago Owners Club
Have you looked at the Winnebago Adventurer 32H? We have an 2015 Adventurer 32H for sale:
See: http://www.irv2.com/rvclassifieds/sh...urer-32h&cat=4

Prior to owning our Adventurer we had a 2013 Winnebago Vista 35B. It is considered "entry level " but you would never know it. It was beautiful and we got lots of compliments on it. If you haven't check out Winnebago's line up you should. Happy travels
PatsDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:27 AM   #34
We had an '02 Georgetown 325 for 4 years (2010 - 2014). We found it locally (weekly newspaper ad) and bought it because it had a rear queen bedroom. Our earlier Class C had a "bedroom" that you had to assemble every night then take it apart the next morning.

For the two of us (retirees around 70) and two middle-aged Labradors it worked out just fine. Not super-good quality, but adequate. We gave up the lifestyle after 4 years because the costs of gas and CG fees were biting chunks out of our IRAs.
Frank Damp -Anacortes, WA,(DW- Eileen)
ex-pat Brits (1968) and now ex-RVers, as of 08 Dec 14.
frankdamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:19 AM   #35
Monaco Owners Club
Jim & Kate
2016 Creekside 23RKS, 2014 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel
1995 Monaco Dynasty 36', 2005 Honda Pilot
Canada, eh?
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:20 PM   #36
Fleetwood Owners Club
[QUOTE=z3406;2917171]A common phrase some manufactures are starting to use is Crossover.

The phrase crossover started being used to identify a class A coach with a bed over the front seats,like a class c motorhome, hence, a cross between a class c and a class A. Now, I'm not sure what it means. In 2013 our terra was listed as a class A,on the fleetwood site,now the terra is listed as a crossover,but the bounder now has the overhead bunk,so is that now a crossover? They don't list it as one, beats me....hard to keep up.

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
rapid rick is offline   Reply With Quote

class a