Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-26-2014, 08:16 PM   #1
Entry step

My entry step will not lock out any more, every time you close the door to enter or leave the mh. the step extends and then retracts.
I tried taking each wire at time at the switch in side the door but it made no difference.
Could some body help me find a wiring diagram, or give me some advice. for a 2004 fleetwood southwind 37 foot.
Thanks Lady

Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2014, 08:31 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
On my steps, there is a switch near the stairwell that turns the steps from 'auto' with the ignition key, and the other position (I forget the name of that position) that causes them to open and close with the door like you described.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:52 PM   #3
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ours has 4 combinations, between the door step button and the one on the dash. Hubby just spent half a day trying to fix the thing. It was out and wouldn't come in. We hadn't greased it for to long for one thing, but what hubby finally found is the magnet had failed. Not saying this is your problem but you never know. The RV shop said sometimes they are very hard to diagnose. Good Luck
PatStab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:02 PM   #4
Monaco Owners Club
I had a bad switch on the passenger arm rest control panel that was bad. I just replaced it yesterday!

If you have a Kwikee step this link should help you.

Ronnie (WD5GIC) & Jan (WD5IHU)
2003 Monaco Dynasty Countess 42' w/tag, 2012 Ford Flex

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:55 AM   #5
Entry step

I'd like to thank BFlinn 181, PatStab and texnet, for the owners manual.
Thanks all Lady
Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:01 AM   #6
Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We just had a similar problem with the same brand step. It turns out the magnet which actuates the small sensor fell off and as a result the step wouldn't work. The sensor is mounted 6" off the floor on the base of the door frame. If you look at the screen door, you'll see a magnet or where the magnet used to be if it fell off. As soon as I discovered the magnet on the ground, I found where it fell off and quickly glued it back to the screen door frame and all is well again.

One more point I thought I would make. Clean and lube the step components and you should have a working step for a while. Otherwise it will rust inside extension arms.

Thanks texnet for the link to the manual, I added that to my HD library.

Carol & Mitch roaming around in a new 2013 Thor Tuscany 40EX
Musikboy is offline   Reply With Quote