Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Congratulations! I hope you enjoy it.

On the theory that you won't NEED the stuff you think to buy for it, you'll want to buy a set of warning triangle reflectors, a safety vest and a big fire extinguisher.

Been carrying mine for some time.

Never needed them...yet.

Glad I've got them.

Peace of mind is a good thing.

Take care,
Stu

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2013, 07:33 AM   #16

IIm still saving for mine. I'm a stroke survivor in a nursing home rehabing. So I'm not spending my $2k monthly disability check. Medicare and Medicaid pay the bills. I have $10k coming from my mom's estate. I'm planning on buying a '99 Georgie boy Pursuit for $$15, 000. I was an computer network engineer for twenty years and have rebuilt and repaired hundreds of cars and trucks for my family and friends. I was restoring my hundred year old brownstone when I had this stroke. O had just rewired all three stories including 220 volts for the washer and dryer. I've done dozens of brakes and even worked on a few transmissions. Solenoid s and clutches mostly. I think I can hold my own with an oldet mh. So as soonn a the judge gets back ftom vacatiom and releases the estate I'm on my way to pick up my mh and hit the road. I've picked up a lot of good tips from all the people on this forum. Thanks and God blesss and keep you all safe. See you out there real soon.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #17

Great suggestions so far! Definitely some things I would not have thought of!

Jasright, sorry to hear about your medical problems. I'm glad your looking forward to hitting the road though!
Old 08-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubulin View Post
I am a few weeks away from taking delivery of my new MH at the factory. This is my first rig, so I own nothing for an RV. I am putting together a list of all the "stuff" I need to purchase before the first family trip. I would appreciate any suggestions! I lean toward being very well equipped, but I don't want to fill it up with gizmos that have questionable use.

Thanks!
#1 A credit card (or two)
Old 09-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #19

If yoi see a big blue bus with a white racing strope thst says "Jasright's G.B. Pursuit of Happiness" that'll bee. I plan to stay in NY andNJ for a while. Seeing family and friends but then I'm branching out. See you on the road.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #20

Looks like the posters on here have given you all the suggestions you need of things to buy but don't forget to spend some time on the things you also need to do before that first trip!!

Sit down with the wife in a nice relaxed setting ( maybe over a glass of wine) and discuss with her the concept of "hand signals", since you're new to RV'ing, you might make the innocent mistake of having her help direct you in to your first tight camping spot. The first time backing into a campground is not the time to discover that perhaps the two of you have different ideas on how to communicate with hand signals, that can lead to frustration, which can degrade to yelling, and ultimately end up with some hand signals being exchanged that clearly have nothing to do with giving driving directions. While watching these "parking battles" is an excellent source of campground entertainment for many of us, I hear that it's not as fun when you're the one providing the entertainment. A friend of ours cold never get it right with his wife so he finally resorted to having her wear a bright colored shirt, stand in the middle of the back of the lot, and he would simply aim for her through his back-up camera
Old 09-07-2013, 11:47 PM   #21

Sorry no wife. Just three ex's from when I was 19; 29 and 48. Lost the wives but I'm still Daddy to four of the kids. Three stepdaughters and one biological son now 28. So the Pursuit will start out with only one resident, me. Although my late sister's widower may join me. He'sabout 55 with a grown daughter and grankids living in Virginia. Plus with the Pursuit we csn take his whole family down south for family reunios in one vehicle. And he had I can skip the hotel this time.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #22

I can't believe my two oldest daughters from my first and second marriages both turned forty in July and August of this year. And here I am a spry 59 years old at least till the end of November. Then I'll be sixty and have to start acting my age, maybe.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #23

Country Coach Owners Club
A credit card, mobile phone, and emergency road service for a Class A motor home sized rig are important tools.

Good Sam Road service and Coach-Net provide big rig towing services at no cost, or roadside repair at no cost except for the parts, and technical service by phone.

These two seem to be better than the automobile clubs and insurance policy road side service plans. One tow paid for 10 years of membership for me.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:10 AM   #24

I was the roadside service for my kids. I've had forty years of experience repairing and modifing big three vechicles. That's one reason I'm going with a chevy 454 rather than a diesel. I've been all over the web preparing for my first RV. I've been a pc engine desining lans wans and servers. I've got a long list of mods to spendy money on and I stoll under the amont a lot of people paid for just their coach. At the same time I'll be creating something unique and revolutionary.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:14 AM   #25

I'm putting aside $2000. for ten 100ah lithium batteries. That'll give me 1000ah when wired in parallel.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:19 AM   #26

At 195.58 each that's about #2k.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #27

They weigh 7lbs each or 70lbs total about the same as 1or 2 lead acid batteries.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:39 AM   #28

The question is how many watts of solar panels wull I need to charge them. A 100 watt 12v solar panel is $169.99.

Tags
class a