Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2015, 07:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Mine was slow at pumping and the analog remotes had faded out. We were second owners and they asked me when I bought it and where. Said it's an '08 model bought in '12 from a dealer. $99 - new pump and wireless 2 wireless remotes.

Some don't like SN beds - some do. We love ours and X2 on the excellent service and prorated prices on second hand ownership. It's no wonder that that those of us who like them stick with them.

X2. Our SN is 6 years old and a totally comfy, flawless bed. YMMV.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2015, 07:18 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mine is also erratic, and one of the remotes reads out partial numbers. Not sure if I want to hassle with fixing it or dumping it for a real mattress.
UsualSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:28 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsualSuspect View Post
Mine is also erratic, and one of the remotes reads out partial numbers. Not sure if I want to hassle with fixing it or dumping it for a real mattress.
See my post above. Call and see what they say about a new pump and wireless remotes. It could be a great move and if it's 100 or so - might be a good investment. And save the trouble of finding the "right mattress". Not always easy in a S&B - much less for the RV.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:55 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
although I never looked for a pressuer control or switch, it does make since that if one were to fail, it could do exactly as you say yours is doing. A new "ok" matress is 2 to 4 hunderd bucks and a great matress is less than a thousand. If it were me I would take it apart and see if it could be fixed. Thats just me though. Good luck. Keep us informed.
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 04:32 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We've had our SN bed for 4 years and it's in it's 3rd rig now. A great friend gave it to me when he had a mattress specially made for their rig at the time. I've had no issues and the DW and I love it and wouldn't trade it for any other mattress. Just make sure you travel with it set at the #30. I agree. I would call Sleep Number customer service line. BTW. That bed new, Queen size, is $699.98 and it goes up from there.
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:20 PM   #20

We had purchased out 07 Discovey this last spring and it also has a Queen Sleep Number with issues. Debs ready to toss it out the door. I'll ask her if she want to spend $100.00 on it!
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:04 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchero View Post
We had purchased out 07 Discovey this last spring and it also has a Queen Sleep Number with issues. Debs ready to toss it out the door. I'll ask her if she want to spend $100.00 on it!
I called this evening, I am guessing Fleetwood used the same mattress in all the 07's. The item I was told I need is the "Dual RV Deluxe Firmness Control", which is the pump and wired remotes. Mine was $78.39 with shipping charges.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:37 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsualSuspect View Post
I called this evening, I am guessing Fleetwood used the same mattress in all the 07's. The item I was told I need is the "Dual RV Deluxe Firmness Control", which is the pump and wired remotes. Mine was $78.39 with shipping charges.
Let us know how it works. Our replacement pump and wireless remotes have been flawless so far after 3 months of nightly use.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:06 AM   #23

Our replacement has been great as well! Great customer service.

2009 Fleetwood Expedition 38F
2013 Scion XB toad

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 02-27-2015, 07:37 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterBlack View Post
another thing, do not tell them you are second owner. the warranty is non transferable...
NOt true

I called 1st time & explained that WE had JUST PURCHASED an 07 Fleetwood Discovery that had a Sleep Number bed in it. First CSR quoted me $250 for a replacement "module". This module is the actual pump for the bed. I was not ready to pay $250.00. I posted the results of the call and another user on this forum suggested I call a 2d time..

Second call went MUCH smoother. CSR asked for my name & started to look me up in their system. I had to interrupt him & remind him that we had just purchased the USED MOTORHOME. As soon as that sunk in he told me he had to Xfer. me to the "RV Department". He told me it was a "special deptrtment" for RV owners.

The key work here is "missing segments on wired remote". As soon as I told the CSR my issue he offered me a replacement unit with ONE wireless remote for $100.00! I figured that we would only need ONNE remote. I believe the 2nd remote was arounf an additional $40.

Ordered the wireless module & found it at my doorstep a few days later.

I'm going to start a new thread on my SN adventure as well as swapping out the original module.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:06 AM   #25

Brought 2002 used HR 2 years ago.came with sleep number bed . Had same problem with remote, control not working. Took remotes apart sprayed electric cleaner on the electric board, has worked ok for the past year
bobfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 12:03 PM   #26

If you are missing segments or the entire display, Google "sleep number control problems". I did that yesterday and it took me to a couple of U-tube videos that showed a possible repair using a hairdryer or a heat gun. I tried the hairdryer i had, but needed to switch to a heat gun. Bottom line is my control now shows the readout exactly like it should. Good luck, HarveyP

Cummins/Allison
HarveyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:22 PM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Let us know how it works.
Replaced it this past weekend, and was not happy with the way the old unit was installed. The old unit is not the original, the manufacture date was March 2008, so this is not the first time it has been replaced. I am not sure who replaced it, but the air lines were not secured, and the slide was pinching them when the slide was retracted, and they had almost worn through.
While that was bad, I was going to use the old power cord, but decided not to when I noticed it to had been pinched by the slide mechanism at one time and the wires were bare, and some broken strands where it had been pinched, again not attached to anything.
The new unit is vast improvement over the old unit, it is quieter when it operates, a bit smaller, but the display works, and it actually adjusts as it should and remains at the number you select. I had 3 good nights sleep and will keep the mattress now.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:26 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
That's great. If we ever stop full timing we will have to get one for wherever we might hang our hat.