Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2015, 09:39 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Establishing A Monthly Maintenance Fund

We had questions about Maintenance Costs for a MH DP.

1. What is the typical cost for oil changes and filters? Do you do it yourself or where is a reliable, fair place you look for service on the road?

2. If you have a Aqua Hot, there are annual or bi-annual services, other mechanical expenses of the MH. I would expect to set aside a certain amount of cash each month in escrow for what ever operating costs that arise unexpectedly or otherwise.

3. Curious if any of you do this and if so what is a reasonable amount to set aside for issues that would not be covered under warranties?
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2015, 07:02 AM   #2

I would budget $1200 per year for all maintenance, including a 7 year replacement of the tires. If you do some work yourself, you can reduce that. I go to Speedco for oil changes and it costs just under $300 to change the oil, oil and fuel filters, lube, and replace the oil and filters on the generator. However, there are more maintenance items than this. I would recommend you generate a spreadsheet with all the maintenance items for your coach. For example, you need to periodically replace the air filter, air dryer, coolant, transmission fluid, etc.
Ludmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:59 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm saving up about $400 per month until I get to $10,000.
Stealer wanted $9000+ for extended warranty. Figured if everything broke before 5-6 years it wouldn't cost that much.
Now I'll have enough to do major maintenance, new tires, and much more. I do my own work saving 50-75%. Gives me something to do and I know it's done right.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:56 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Establishing A Monthly Maintenance Fund

Speedco.
Good service and good price.
Lube, oil, oil filter, and fuel filter(s).
They may not have your air filter on hand, but will change it if you provide one.
Locations nationwide. See their website for locator.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 01:37 PM   #5

I've seen CW offering a good price on oil change.
Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:06 PM   #6

I believe anyone utilizing CW for anything other than to compare prices has not dealt with CW nor read their pathetic track record for their repair service.

Tags
maintenance