Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
Evacuation question

Hi we are new to rv and have a question. We had to evacuate due to Irene and we are riding out the storm at a walmart parking lot with many other rv's that had the same idea. Our septic/sewage tank is about 1/2 way full. I know at rv parks you can pay to dump but do any truck stops or other places have dump stations? We are in Emporia if this helps to give y'all an idea of where we are at.

jsingley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2011, 12:48 PM   #2
Try the truck stop across the interstate.

Clark and Jo
2009 Camelot
2010 Jeep Wrangler Toad
CHCam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #3
This web site shows there are a couple within range of your location;
RV Dump Stations near Emporia, Virginia within a radius of 20 miles (32 kms)

Be safe, take care.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:51 PM   #4
Send a message via AIM to shufflerg-l
Sure: Flying J has facilities for dumping, propane, water, etc. Many of the road side rest in Georgia has dump stations. I suggest that you use your tank sparingly and also your water. If you are at a road side facility, use their facilities. Look in your travel atlas for this information and walmart's that let you stay.
shufflerg-l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #5
Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
We camped out in the WalMart lot 50 miles inland of Myrtle Beach back in 03' from a hurricane. My wife kept buying too much stuff while we waited till the next day to go back to the shore campground. There were about 40 RV's while we were parked. Are you going back to a campground or a home? Watch your batteries on your RV, computer (If your running a laptop)...I say people plugging in their cell phones and PC's inside WMart....
Jim, Diane & Robert ~ NE. OH.
2013 Aerolite Hybrid #232 ES
2014 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7L
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:35 PM   #6
We will be returning to a house in Hampton Roads area. I will definitely check out to see what's near me. We are going as sparing as we can with water etc. I think we still have about 75% of our water as of now. Several of the rv's in front of walmart have been moving around the lot as wind has been rocking many of them

jsingley is offline   Reply With Quote