Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-20-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 11
Evans dash air problem

I only have warm air not hot coming from the dash vents. I have performed all of the Evans troubleshooting tips and received an E-mail with other suggestions to try ,still no luck. A friend told me to check the hose valves. I found one valve beside the engine on the frame rail, however I can't find a valve in the second hose. question is there a valve on both hoses,if so where? Also has anyone had to clean there heater core. I feel like I have a water /air currulation problem. I have a cummins engine on a freightliner chassis.HELP PLEASE.
!!!
__________________

__________________
stevep220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
BFlinn181's Avatar
 
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 16,211
What model, how old is the rig, and are you the first owner? It would help if you add that information in your signature. If not the first owner, perhaps previous owner installed a shut off valve to prevent heat in summer. I assume you've looked at hoses under dash and under the hood? Also, have you moved the Evans shut off lever by hand to see if it is fully open? You could disconnect one hose at the heater core and see if coolant circulates.
__________________

__________________

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mcdonough, Ga.
Posts: 4,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep220 View Post
I only have warm air not hot coming from the dash vents. I have performed all of the Evans troubleshooting tips and received an E-mail with other suggestions to try ,still no luck. A friend told me to check the hose valves. I found one valve beside the engine on the frame rail, however I can't find a valve in the second hose. question is there a valve on both hoses,if so where? Also has anyone had to clean there heater core. I feel like I have a water /air currulation problem. I have a cummins engine on a freightliner chassis.HELP PLEASE.
!!!
All of the systems I worked on had either a manual or vacuum operated valve. They were on the input side only. Have you checked the compressor when the engine was running to see if the compressor is turning? That would be my starting point.
__________________
1998 Pace Arrow 35 ft. F53 Ford V10 2012 Honda Civic toad
32 years mechanic at Delta Air Lines 15 year motorhome service manager. 3 popups....2 travel trailers....5 motorhomes....loved them all.
ga traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 24
See this link further below. They are also talking about cockpit heat;

DP Dash Heater - Worthless?
__________________
merc669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
BFlinn181's Avatar
 
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 16,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
All of the systems I worked on had either a manual or vacuum operated valve. They were on the input side only. Have you checked the compressor when the engine was running to see if the compressor is turning? That would be my starting point.
I think the OP is working on HEAT not A/C, so the compressor isn't involved, unless it was ON and canceling the heat. If it is a manual valve, he can disconnect the push/pull cable and move it by hand. If it is a vacuum valve, a cheap vacuum pump like this: Brake Bleeder and Vacuum Pump Kit
can pull the valve on, or divert a good vacuum source under the dash to the valve and make sure the valve opens.
__________________

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Hooligan's Avatar
 
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pensacola
Posts: 2,204
The heat valve is usually located up front, under the hood on the water lines, next to the a/c unit. Usually cable operated.
The two valves at the engine isolate the hot water lines. There the one by the frame and one on the back of the engine. (The end toward the transmission.) Both of those should be open.
If you have a leak in the heater hoses you can close both of those valves and not lose coolant while operating the engine.
__________________
Hooligan, Pensacola, Fl -U.S. Coast Guard 1956-1985
2016 Thor Siesta Sprinter 24ST diesel
Our Pug "Lily" & "George" the Newfoundland
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mcdonough, Ga.
Posts: 4,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
I think the OP is working on HEAT not A/C, so the compressor isn't involved, unless it was ON and canceling the heat. If it is a manual valve, he can disconnect the push/pull cable and move it by hand. If it is a vacuum valve, a cheap vacuum pump like this: Brake Bleeder and Vacuum Pump Kit
can pull the valve on, or divert a good vacuum source under the dash to the valve and make sure the valve opens.
You and merc669 are correct. I was going by his headline "evans dash air problem" and jumped to A/C rather than heat. The bad thing is, I am one of those people who sees something like this and thinks,Why doesn't the guy who is giving the advice pay attention to the question. I am 72 years old. I guess I can plead senior moment.
__________________

__________________
1998 Pace Arrow 35 ft. F53 Ford V10 2012 Honda Civic toad
32 years mechanic at Delta Air Lines 15 year motorhome service manager. 3 popups....2 travel trailers....5 motorhomes....loved them all.
ga traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dash



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.