Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2009, 08:42 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

No. 38-40 feet with 3-4 slides seems about right for our needs. Sometimes I would like more space, but sometimes I find we barely fit in a desirable site and am glad we didn't go larger. Our rig is a 40 foot triple slide and we spend 180-200 nights a year in it.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2009, 10:20 AM   #16

After 8 years of fulltiming with a 34' 5er. We have downsized to a 11.5' slidein camper and can't be happier. The camper has everything the 5er had just smaller. We have already been to several campgrounds and locations we never could experienced with the 5er. We love to drycamp away from crowds. If we traveled from RV Park to RV Park we would most likely still be in th 5er. The additional benfit is we have increased our MPG about 30%.
Continuous Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 03:51 PM   #17
paz

We sometimes wish we had a bigger motorhome, but never a smaller one. Even more than bigger size, I would like more cargo carrying capacity. As full-timers, we are pushing our limit.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
No, but there are days when I wish I owned one of those old tag-axle slide-in truck campers that Born Free made
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:57 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
No, first one was a 21ft class c. This one is a 32ft dp, no slide. this one is really comforable for us, but the next will be a bit longer with a slide or two.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:09 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Sometimes when driving, I wish it were shorter but once settled in the length and 4 slides are just what we want.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #21

I have had 7 big ones, DW died, didn't need all that much room any more. Just me and a cat, downsized to a 27 ft class C and love it. Now before some one ask if my DW was a big woman--NO she was tiny, but liked a lot of room. She did not have to take care of it or drive it. I would gladly upsize to have her back.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:28 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Motor home manufacturers are bringing smaller Class A units to market every day. Winnebago brings on the Reyo, Tiffin the Breeze, Damon the Avanti, 4 Winds the Serrano and there are many others. Don't be reluctant to take the smaller plunge. Unless you plan on living inside all the time the smaller wheelbase motor homes provide most all of the amenities of the larger units however they don't take up a lot of room. The vehicles I just quoted are in between 31 to 25 feet in length.
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:22 PM   #23

Hi All.....this is Ro

There are times I think we'd wish for something different, but "The Beast" was the first home I ever bought for myself, so there is a very sentimental bond here. Paul and I are raising our infant child here and as she ages, we may wish to make changes, but so far where we've been, the size hasn't been a problem.

I/we have seen some 5'ers, smaller in length, that have caught our eye, but "The Beast" still has a lot of life just yet.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:27 PM   #24

NO...
Noelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:57 AM   #25

I downsized due to the death of DW. I did not need that much room for myself and the cat. Now that I have adjusted to the smaller 27ft confines, I am happy and appreciate the ease of handling. I still carry to much unnecessary junk with me, will cull that as I go. One poster said there is a size for every need and I think that is the best answer.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:04 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Our first coach was a used 1990 34' Bounder with 0 slides.We didn't pay a lot for it and it was in really good condition for its age.
We used this one for about 3 years and enjoyed our travels with it!
Back in February I was looking at new motorhomes on line and found our current coach at a dealer close by. Since the economy was going down we figured it might be the right time to buy and it was!, we got a real good deal and we bought it!
So now I went from 34' to a 38' with triple slides. Plenty of room and no regrets! I've enjoyed every minute of it but I have to admit I do miss the old one a little bit because it was our first!

Regards and Happy New Year,
RovinOn
05 Southwind 37C
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote