Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
This is a great program but like all the others I've seen thus far, one thing is missing. I like to track the odometer and genny hours in all of my records, fuel and service. .......... I hope I don't sound critical because I can't program, so I don't want to criticize something I can't do a better job of.
Yes you can criticize...but a suggestion would be better. I am always open to them.

The next release of RVCare Log Book will have an option to record APU hours/fuel use and take that in to consideration. For me I don't need that option as I have a Silverleaf, which keep and shows fuel consumption by the engine. That why I need someone to point that out.
There still may have a problem with this modification. No one, except me, has reviewed the modification. So it may not be what's needed.

In reference to 'Joe' problem about registering and email verification:

I had my web site send him another email. I also sent him an email. He has not responded to either. He may have blocks so that only selected email come thru.If that the case there nothing I can do. However I understand his feeling, on my web site before I installed some blocks I use to have 5 or more post a day from spammers.

Jim

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #16

DeWat:
Check this screen dump, which has generator fuel use.

Vehicle Fuel | RVCare Log Book

Jim Smith

Old 05-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #17
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsmith View Post
Yes you can criticize...but a suggestion would be better. I am always open to them.

The next release of RVCare Log Book will have an option to record APU hours/fuel use and take that in to consideration. For me I don't need that option as I have a Silverleaf, which keep and shows fuel consumption by the engine. That why I need someone to point that out.
There still may have a problem with this modification. No one, except me, has reviewed the modification. So it may not be what's needed.

In reference to 'Joe' problem about registering and email verification:

I had my web site send him another email. I also sent him an email. He has not responded to either. He may have blocks so that only selected email come thru.If that the case there nothing I can do. However I understand his feeling, on my web site before I installed some blocks I use to have 5 or more post a day from spammers.

Jim
Jim, I just replied to the only e-mail I have received, which was the one asking did I get the first one and saying you were sending another.

OOPS! Never mind, I just found the e-mails in the Spam box! I'll check it out. Thanks!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsmith View Post
DeWat:
Check this screen dump, which has generator fuel use.

Vehicle Fuel | RVCare Log Book

Jim Smith
W - O - W ... and yes, my bad, I should have used suggest instead of critique . Just didn't feel comfortable as a first time evaluator giving suggestions, because there are some (OBVIOUSLY, not you) who have the "who are you to be telling me this" attitude. Question... I see the APU tick box, but can you just type in the hour meter reading at fill up, or do you do the math and enter the results? Either way, you are Da Bomb
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:19 AM   #19

When you check the APU Used it will show a box under that. It has a place for you to fill in what you think you APU uses per hour and the hours that you used the generator. From that information figure and show the fuel used and cost. Also the other calculations will take that into account.

Jim
Old 06-10-2012, 06:46 AM   #20

Ford Super Duty Owner
Fun but with steep initializing process

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acker1 View Post
here's one I saw recommended on an RVing site--can't remember which one tho!

RVCare Log Book Maintenance Data Base

DICK
Thanks for the referral. Like any other database centric program, it requires a lengthy population start-up tasking. but once set-up I can see how this can come in handy and help you keep track a specialized and complex machine like your typical Class A.

I had nol problem downloading Version 2 and setting it right up.

Juan
Old 06-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #21

Country Coach Owners Club
When in the trucking business we found that pre-designed maintanence programs were a PIA and very hard to implement.

Keep all the hard copies evidencing your repairs and maintenance and costs. When convenient create your own Excel spreadsheet with the details you want.

Later you can change your mind and delete and add categories/columns/titles etc whenever you want.

With the hard copy of the cost event, you can go back and input the historical costs/events.

JMHO
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you want to set up something to track maintenance records, You would probably do better using the Access database in MS office if you want to write your own.

Excel will work as a limited data base, but a true database will work better.

Ken
Old 06-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #23

I have just posted a new version of RVCare Log Book.

There are a few new features plus a Quick Start.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #24

I have had good results with this one. RV ToDo Manual
Old 06-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #25

MSHappyCampers,

I developed my own RV Log many years ago. It is EXCEL based and has served us very well on 4 different coaches and for several years. I have provided it to many RVer's who also use it all the time. If you would like to have a Blank copy, PM me and I'll send you a copy. It comes with instructions.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #26

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
TRY THIS LINK. https://sites.google.com/site/thervtracker/home The RV Tracker is pure EXCEL. Nice program and lots of features. Free.
I use RV'ers Notebook. they are out of business. The owner passed away several years ago. It runs on its own but appears to of been written with MS ACCE. If you search this forum you'll find where someone posted a link to download the entire program. There is another program Nomad Notes also, written by an Aussie and available for 39.95. Good shopping.... ed

Tags
excel, maintenance