Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2017, 07:15 AM   #1

Location: Winter in QZ, mostly on the move the rest of the year
Experience at Snider Tire

In early May I made a call to Snider Tire in Greensboro, NC to find out if they had the special tools needed to install screw in ball joints on my Dutchstar with a Spartan Chassis. I was told they could do the job and that I could bring my own ball joints (which I did).
I also inquired about a new Toyo tire for the RF as mine was worn on the outside. I received a call back from another person the next day and he said he would order the tires in so they would be there at the end of May when my appointment was scheduled. I told him I didn't want any old tires.
When I showed up for my appointment my m/h was on the scheduling board for that day. I was told they might need the m/h for 2 days so I had planned to stay in a motel that night. They never filled out a work order, only my first name and phone number.
The next day I was in an area with no service so I never got the call that my RF tire had excessive wear. When I called to check to see if the m/h would be ready I was told to call back later in the day. I arrived about closing time to find out the tires had never been ordered.
I was leaving that area on Friday morning and was told the tires should be there early in the AM. I arrived about 9 AM and was told the tires were there in a container. They dismounted my old tires and over 2 hours later the new tires were installed. They said the tires were at the back of the container. Then I was overcharged on the tires so the bill had to be rewritten.
When I arrived at my destination I was surprised to find out that Toyo tires are now made in China. When I crawled underneath to check the date I found out that the tires are 1 1/2 years old.
I sent an e-mail to Snider Tire but never received a response.
I thought I had found a shop that I could have service work done at their many locations but I will never do business with them again.
I ran my own auto repair shop for years and there seems to be very little organization at the Greensboro location.
Mrracechaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!