Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #1

Extended Service Plan

Just bought our first motor coach, a 2003 Allegro Bus. Will be purchasing an Extended Service Plan before taking a trip. Has any one had any dealings with Wholesale Warranties? Their plans are reasonable and seems to cover just about everything. What I like is that they list what is not covered. No surprises. Their $200.00 deductable plan is less than the $1000.00 deductable from Good Sams.
jdbunch0924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new rig.

Use our search feature and you'll find a lot of reading material on Wholesale Warranties... and other extended warranty companies.

We had an Easy Care policy for six years and were happy with it and many others report being pleased with Extra Ride (I believe that's the name).

Best of luck.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #3

Just make sure you read the fine print! Also you will need the owners manual so you can do all the required service , and keep good records and receipts .
Old 11-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #4

Noticed that you can't even change own oil or fuel filters. So will indeed keep perfect records. Thx...
Old 11-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #5

Note that wholesalewarranties.com is a broker, not the actual extended contract company. Looking at their website, they have a few BBB complaints, they sound like sour grapes to me, perhaps those folks didn't follow the contract provisions exactly.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #6

I bought a policy thru Wholesale Warr and have had one claim.....The a/c compressor went out on the chassis a/c.......

I took it to the dealer, the fun then started.....This Ford dealer will not put in something like the a/c compressor unless it is new, my warr only pays for reconditioned parts.....Around and around, the dealer stepped up and absorbed the diff bet new and reconditioned....(good dealer by the way).....

I did not know that that my policy did not cover new parts....

This was not Wholesale Warranties fault, I should have read the fine print closer...... If the buyer does not ask/read the policy before purchase, the broker is not going to offer up much info.......

Steve and Liz
Elko, Nv
2006 Gulfstream Class A
sd1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:15 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
warranty

I got and extended warranty package from EXTRA RIDE in the pass couple of years they have paid for repairs on my unit without question.

My policy was transferred to me from the previous owner, I knew nothing as to it's content. but to make a long story short if they offer me a renewal next year I am going to jump all over it.

They have practically rebuilt my unit a 1999 Pace Arrow

DONNY
donnyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:58 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
This summer we purchase a new to us coach and researched extended service plans on a number of different forums. After much research I set out to purchase the Extraride product. This is because XR offered a policy with consequential damage coverage. I called WW and they no longer carried the XR. They were very nice and knowledgeable at WW but none of the policies that they carried offered consequential damage coverage.

Amazingly as I searched places to buy the XR I found prices that varied greatly. Some twice the price of others. I settled on buying the XR from Lerch RV in PA and got a great price and service. The policy I purchased was less expensive than the policy at WW, had one more year coverage and got the consequential rider.

I needed to use the policy about one month ago and they covered a few items with no hesitation. I have a $200 deductible and they covered everything with only one deductible.

I would highly recommend XR and Lerch RV to buy it. I worked with Staci Lerch. I live in Vermont and did everything over the phone and mail with Lerch.

Stuart
Old 11-23-2013, 06:37 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I have Performance Care with consequential damage through Wholesale Warranties. I have had it one year (5 year plan) and have had two claims. Both paid quick and no complaints. Paid $4,700. First claim $900 and second $1,700. I have a $100 deductable. If you go with Wholesale Warranties, let me recommend you, it will get me a $100 Visa gift card, and you a $100 discount. I did this when my dad signed up with them.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #10

I have the XTRARIDE policy that I got from WW. I just had my Dometic fridge replaced because it wouldn't go below 40 degrees. I asked them if they would spring for a residential, and they said yes as long as the problem with the dometic was the cooler. It was, so I now have a new Whirlpool that works fantastic.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:16 AM   #11

Thanks to everyone for the information. Looks like Wholesale Warranties is a Winner.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have performance care from wholesale warranties. Right now my coach is in Cummin/Owen because the control board went out on the generator. We will see how good they are. The gen set has to be dropped and board is 1600.00 itself.
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesinRockies View Post
I have performance care from wholesale warranties. Right now my coach is in Cummin/Owen because the control board went out on the generator. We will see how good they are. The gen set has to be dropped and board is 1600.00 itself.
We have the same. Plan on them sending out an adjuster to verify the failure. I have had two claims, two different adjusters, both nice and ended with satisfactory results.

Hope yours does to, let us know the outcome.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 38 Special View Post
We have the same. Plan on them sending out an adjuster to verify the failure. I have had two claims, two different adjusters, both nice and ended with satisfactory results. Hope yours does to, let us know the outcome.
That's what they are doing. Guess I won't get to see the adjuster as my coach is in the shop.

I will post what happens. My 2 friends are waiting the outcome before they buy extended warranty.
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service