Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2016, 08:31 PM   #15
RV Enthusiast

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Mr D,

I had Cornerstone once, no problems, I did have a deductible which wasn't large. Just wondering like the OP who has best bang for buck as I have not compared them all. Keep the advice comin' folks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2016, 09:40 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with Good Sam Extended Service plan? My factory warranty ended yesterday, and I'm searching also.

Thanks all.
My experience with Good Sam years ago was their contract says just precisely what they cover and unless your breakdown fits exactly they manage to wrangle out of paying. If a covered items breaks a noncovered item the noncovered is not repaired, and if a noncovered item breaks a covered item neither is repaired. I'm looking for a contract that takes care of both these problems (contingent coverage I think is what that's called) and also Exclusionary where they tell you what is not covered then everything else is covered. A lot easier for a layman mechanic like me to understand just what all will be taken care of in case of any kind of a breakdown.
I think Wholesale and USA fits my criteria but so far I haven't had much luck getting an undated quote. Still waiting.

Old 01-30-2016, 11:16 AM   #17

I have Good Sams $50 deductible..... You will actually pay $75-$90 diagnostics fee for each problem, you'll pay shipping, you'll pay shop materials , you'll pay for extras that they don't list.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:40 PM   #18

Several Newmar Dealers gave told me they will not take Good Sam extended warranty policies because they have to fight to get them to pay.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:57 PM   #19

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Newmar dealers are not the only ones not wanting to take GS coverage.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 08:48 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Old class A

Anyone know of a company that writes extended warranty's on 2002 Class A motorhomes?
Old 01-31-2016, 10:04 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
I too have been very satisfied with XtraRide. We have used them many times and they have covered things that surprised me.

I would highly recommend XtraRide and it is very comforting having the coverage.

We purchased the 5 year policy when we purchased our 2008 rig in 2013. If I was buying new it may make sense to buy the extended insurance after your original insurance runs out. Don't forget the priciest items to repair, such as the drive train have a much longer new coverage than the remainder of the rig.
Old 01-31-2016, 03:51 PM   #22

Thanks for the input.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:29 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have not had any issues with GS ESP or Roadside since buying a new to us '08 in 2012. I have used them both several times.

No problems with mobile rv service taking the GS ESP either. My experience - independent, mobile rv guys have been faster, nicer, and better than most dealers. Even before going full time - I used a mobile service guy. They make and keep appointments. And when they schedule something they don't bump you to next when someone who purchased from them shows up.

I have a new turbo - a new Splendide, a new transfer switch and a new fan motor on my heat pump (yesterday) and few other repairs. I have the $250 deductible and just added the seals and gaskets coverage to plan. I have never been asked for service records or had to pay for diagnostics.

As for dealers not taking one thing or another - read elsewhere - dealers not working on motorhomes they didn't sell, salesmen stretching the truth (at best), engines blowing up 3k miles after the sale with no warranty on a used coach, and on and on. Keep reading and you'll find terrible reviews of Freightliner, Cummins, and Cat service centers and providers all over the country. Buy a class B (like I did in 1991) or C with a Ford (like mine was) or Chevy and then try to get the Ford or Chevy dealer to lift it. If their ceiling can handle it, their lift can't. It's just the nature of the beast.

Let your factory warranty run its course and in the meantime have some fun!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 09:23 PM   #24

Thanks
Old 01-31-2016, 09:59 PM   #25

Carolina Campers
I have a plan through Wholesale Warranties. I am pleased to report that the plan has been great, and that I get better service than I received when under the manufacturer warranty. I also found that when I submit a claim on the policy, if I call Wholesale Warranties and inform them of the claim, they act as another advocate and things go much smother. They will get you the policy you want, at very competitive price, and stick up for you when a claim is needed, so I can not ask for more.

Ted
Old 01-31-2016, 10:59 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-n-L View Post
I too have been very satisfied with XtraRide. We have used them many times and they have covered things that surprised me.

I would highly recommend XtraRide and it is very comforting having the coverage.

We purchased the 5 year policy when we purchased our 2008 rig in 2013. If I was buying new it may make sense to buy the extended insurance after your original insurance runs out. Don't forget the priciest items to repair, such as the drive train have a much longer new coverage than the remainder of the rig.
Do you have a phone number or agent to reach in order to get more information plus a quote from XtraRide?
Old 02-01-2016, 01:07 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
I shopped all over the country and found a huge spread of pricing. I received my best price from Lerch RV in PA. I did the entire transaction over the phone from out of state. I spoke with Stacy Lerch.

Here is the contact information :
Lerch RV.com
Old 02-02-2016, 11:39 AM   #28

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This is XtraRide's administrative line...they should be able to direct you to the sales folks, I'd think..... 800-323-5771. Good Luck!

ABrask is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service