Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2016, 04:29 PM   #1

Extended Service Warranty

I have a 2016 Dutch Star 4369 and would like recommendations on a good company to purchase an extended warranty from. Any recommendations?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2016, 04:44 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I suspects that's an oxymoron!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:58 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
You might check with Wholesale Warranties, I've heard good things about them. I had More Ryde extended warranty on my previous motor home and they paid off on two claims. They also refunded almost $500 on the remaining time left on the five year policy after I traded it off.

I would not get anything until the manufacturer's warranty runs out. Anything yo get now is just wasted coverage.
'12 Jeep Wrangler Sport and/or '08 Honda Goldwing
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I suspects that's an oxymoron!
You're probably right LOL.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:10 PM   #5
Future Full-Timers

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by judgebobk View Post
I have a 2016 Dutch Star 4369 and would like recommendations on a good company to purchase an extended warranty from. Any recommendations?
We purchased a Platinum Extended Warranty from XtraRide in 2013 when we bought our "New to Us" DP.
We have had very good luck with the claims. We have gotten our money back and still have 3 more years on the contract.
Many of the facilities will not except 3rd party billing but XtraRide issues a check to us after we have submitted the receipts without question.
It has worked well for us.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
You might check with Wholesale Warranties, I've heard good things about them. I had More Ryde extended warranty on my previous motor home and they paid off on two claims. They also refunded almost $500 on the remaining time left on the five year policy after I traded it off.

I would not get anything until the manufacturer's warranty runs out. Anything yo get now is just wasted coverage.
I thought Wholesale Warranties sounded pretty good when I contacted them in December since their ads said prices were going up Jan 1. At first when they thought my 2015 DP coach was out of factory warranty they said I would have to get a complete check-up by an independent shop to be sure there were no current repairable conditions but agreed to waive that requirement when i assured them my coach was only 6 months old. Quote was decent but before I could decide we had a death in the family out of state and other family matters took precident putting the extended warranty on a back burner. When things settled down after first of the year I e-mailed asking for an up-dated quote but now after 2 weeks I still haven't heard from them. Either they don't want my business or they don't want me knowing how much they jumped the prices after Jan first.
Right now i'm waiting on a quote with USA TravelCare from the written request I mailed them 1 1/2 weeks ago with no response at this time. Doesn't seem these companies are as eager to sell policies as a person would think they'd be. Both policies seem about equal and both are exclusionary policies.
Also, looked at EasyCareRV warranty but you had to have at least 3 months factory warranty left when purchasing the policy and no more than 14,000 miles on it, but they had a list long as your arm of items not covered. Didn't like that.
Good luck on your decision.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:35 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Wholesale Warranties

Quote:
Hi Judge, I have wholesale warranties and love it. If you call them with my name Carl ODell you will get $100.00 off and I will get a commission as well Ask for Stephen Motz.(866) 444-1601
Old 01-28-2016, 08:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
I thought Wholesale Warranties sounded pretty good when I contacted them in December since their ads said prices were going up Jan 1. At first when they thought my 2015 DP coach was out of factory warranty they said I would have to get a complete check-up by an independent shop to be sure there were no current repairable conditions but agreed to waive that requirement when i assured them my coach was only 6 months old. Quote was decent but before I could decide we had a death in the family out of state and other family matters took precident putting the extended warranty on a back burner. When things settled down after first of the year I e-mailed asking for an up-dated quote but now after 2 weeks I still haven't heard from them. Either they don't want my business or they don't want me knowing how much they jumped the prices after Jan first.
Right now i'm waiting on a quote with USA TravelCare from the written request I mailed them 1 1/2 weeks ago with no response at this time. Doesn't seem these companies are as eager to sell policies as a person would think they'd be. Both policies seem about equal and both are exclusionary policies.
Also, looked at EasyCareRV warranty but you had to have at least 3 months factory warranty left when purchasing the policy and no more than 14,000 miles on it, but they had a list long as your arm of items not covered. Didn't like that.
Good luck on your decision.
Thanks
Old 01-28-2016, 08:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill2 View Post
Hi Judge, I have wholesale warranties and love it. If you call them with my name Carl ODell you will get $100.00 off and I will get a commission as well Ask for Stephen Motz.(866) 444-1601
Will do if we decide on them. Thanks Carl.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:10 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have to agree about XtraRide. We were able to transfer an existing XtraRide contract the previous owner of our coach had purchased, and while we've only had one claim to date, we were really happy with their response. Good luck!
ABrask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 09:43 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
You asked for recommendations...here's mine...don't buy an extended warranty, at least not yet. you have a new coach, so most of the on board equipment will but under warranty. Each system will have it's own warranty, awnings, refer, jacks, TVs, engine (usually five years), transmission, generator, floor heat, Aqua Hot, etc. Plus Newmar will cover the coach and the chassis builder will cover the chassis. If you get an extra warranty, you'll be paying again for the same coverage you already have.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 02:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bompa13 View Post
We purchased a Platinum Extended Warranty from XtraRide in 2013 when we bought our "New to Us" DP.
We have had very good luck with the claims. We have gotten our money back and still have 3 more years on the contract.
Many of the facilities will not except 3rd party billing but XtraRide issues a check to us after we have submitted the receipts without question.
It has worked well for us.
Do you by any chance have a contact number to find out more about their
RV warranties? All i could find on their web site was the contact information for new dealers or dealerships that want to sell their product. I'd definitely like to be able to read their RV contract coverage. Any help here will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:22 PM   #13
RV Enthusiast

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Does anyone have any experience with Good Sam Extended Service plan? My factory warranty ended yesterday, and I'm searching also.

Thanks all.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:25 PM   #14

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with Good Sam Extended Service plan? My factory warranty ended yesterday, and I'm searching also.

Thanks all.
On other forums there are lots of complaints about them too.

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
service