Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2015, 07:41 PM   #1

Extended Warranties

Has anyone used Wholesale warranty co. for an extended warranty purchase on a new class a motorhome.
They are now selling the Viking protection plans.
any suggestions would be apriciated.

Ted

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2015, 10:23 PM   #2

Wholesalewarranty.com is a broker re-selling extended service contracts, as are the vast majority of sellers. (it is not a warranty). They appear to have a good reputation and competitive pricing.
There are 2 types of contracts, exclusionary, and inclusive. The exclusionary is considered the better of the two because it lists what is NOT covered, everything else is covered. The inclusive lists what IS covered, everything else is not covered (can you remember every component of your RV?)
I'm quite satisfied with our extended service contract, and plan to renew before the expiration date. It's like buying insurance on your car, you never plan to recoup the premiums, but if you do you're happy.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 04:30 AM   #3

service contracts

which company service contract do you have?????

Thanks
Ted
Old 11-17-2015, 07:22 AM   #4

First of all, why would you want to purchase an extended warranty on a NEW motorhome? I would wait until the manufacturer's warranty is up. Then I would shop around to find coverage. As far as Wholesale Warranties goes, they've been great with us. Ours is the XtraRide policy that we just used last week to replace a heat pump, less the $100 ded. of course. No muss, no fuss. In fact the place that did the work said they've NEVER had a problem with XtraRide.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 08:42 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
...First of all, why would you want to purchase an extended warranty on a NEW motorhome? I would wait until the manufacturer's warranty is up...
Some new coach warranties for some systems run five years, like the engine.

I don't use extended warranties.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by southw2 View Post
which company service contract do you have?????

Thanks
Ted
Mine is through Good Sam, I forget the name of the actual company that holds the contract. I am very satisfied with their performance.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 05:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Mine is through Good Sam, I forget the name of the actual company that holds the contract. I am very satisfied with their performance.

Would that be coach-net?
Old 11-18-2015, 08:30 AM   #8
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have a contract though them and am satisified but you do need to look at what is NOT covered. Had a DPF filter go bad this summer. None of the 4K repair bill was covered. I thought that was why I bought the policy but emission components are not covered in my plan. I bought the highest protection plan. They covered the replacement of my rear view monitor. No issues with that.

Coach Net is a separate policy to cover towing and worth it. They covered the full cost of towing our rv to the service center. They handled the contact with the towing company and the service facility. Outstanding service.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:59 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I looked up many of the warranties on my new coach before I bought an extended warranty. Fleetwood covered everything for 1 yr. The most expensive parts are covered for 5 yrs., the chassis.
My dealer wanted $19k then 14k then $9k for 5 years, then 6 yrs. After 9 months the only thing gone out was the rear camera. Sent it back to mfgr for $10 USPS. If I had a ext. warr. it would have cost me two trips to service, maybe a deductible, 2 days, AND fuel.
I'm saving up a slush fund of $10k. IF anything goes out I got it covered. IF nothing goes out I'm $10k ahead. Thankfully can fix most things. When something goes out I fix the individual component not the entire unit.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:49 PM   #10

This subject has already been discussed. I have Cornerstone and they have been great. If you're not mechanically and electrically educated it's best to buy one. It's a very small price to pay compared to the risk and the cost of the rig.
Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 11:42 AM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
All I can say is PEACE OF MIND....
NMRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:19 PM   #12

Just purchased a used Newmar Scottsdale 2004, when we sat down to take of paying for it, they tried to sell us an extended warranty. Can you believe 5500.00 per year for a $1000 deductible, I told them I would take my chances.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:15 PM   #13
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace66 View Post
Just purchased a used Newmar Scottsdale 2004, when we sat down to take of paying for it, they tried to sell us an extended warranty. Can you believe 5500.00 per year for a $1000 deductible, I told them I would take my chances.
I think that should have been 5500 for the full term, not per year.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 06:21 AM   #14

Actually I made a mistake it wasn't for $1000 deductible it was for $50 deductibe, however it was for 1 year. I asked her how much less for $500 deductible and she said it would only come done about $500 a year.