Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2011, 02:12 PM   #15

Send a message via Skype™ to mariogeneau
We have also Xtra-Ride. Cost me 2000$ for 3 years on my Coachmen Mirada 2000. It's been
a year and haven't had to make a claim yet. Glad to know that they are an ok company!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #16

Yes I have , I purchased one from them. I spoke to Jeff Shelton, very helpful and did what he said he was going to do. I asked him for the phone number of the claims dept and he gave it to me . I called the claims manager and he answered all my questions as to how claims were handled.I suggest that you obtain consquential and wear and tear coverage.One can get the price down from the quote they give.
Aslo , go to face book search Jeff Shelton

Old 04-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #17

Do you have a contact for X-Tra-ride? Im an considering Wholesale Warranties ; their contract is underwritten by Bankers Life and The admin is Allegence - group out of akron, Ohio. Heard of them?
Denis lHollwedel
user name: hollwedel
Old 04-15-2011, 08:07 AM   #18

I am in Akron Ohio area, I do not recall this company, but there is a company in Independence Ohio that represents many smaller companies. I belive they go by a group name American Extended Warranties,but not 100% sure as when I was searching for a contracts several different names came up with same phone number.I had contacted them and within a few minutes I decided that their business climate was not up to my standards.

I had researched many companies and I am pleased with Jeff Shelton from Wholesale Warranties
Old 04-15-2011, 08:11 AM   #19
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert T View Post
I am in Akron Ohio area, I do not recall this company, but there is a company in Independence Ohio that represents many smaller companies. I belive they go by a group name American Extended Warranties,but not 100% sure as when I was searching for a contracts several different names came up with same phone number.I had contacted them and within a few minutes I decided that their business climate was not up to my standards.

I had researched many companies and I am pleased with Jeff Shelton from Wholesale Warranties
Robert .Other than speaking with him and his associates,have you had any claims with them or have you spoken with anyone who has? Thanks, Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:46 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
How about PHOENIX AMERICAN WARRANTY COMPANY? Has anyone had and experience with them? I have a quote for just under $3000 for the 48 month 48000 mile $100 deductible "Diamond" coverage extended warranty that includes slide outs leveling jacks (no rubber hoses) seals and gaskets.
Any feedback would be appreciated. I am leaning towards being self insured for mechanical issues but I am looking just to be sure. The thought of a $15,000. engine replacement is scary. On the other side the thought of paying $3k for a warranty and having a repair denied is even worse. Any insight here is very much appreciated.
Thank you!
millsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:15 PM   #21

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am currently looking at a warranty from Wholesale,thru Daniel,and for the price,it looks great. Took the papers into two local shops and they thought it looked really good as far as coverage went. One of them had worked with the warranty people before and had good luck.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:48 AM   #22

No I have not had any claims presented with Allegiance,which Wholesale Warranty sells, which is one of many companies they represent but if you go on face book Jeff Sheldon there are a few comments. I do not know of any one who has had a claim. The policy is from Allegiance and the claims department is located in Dublin ,Ohio.

I have been a field adjuster for various insurance companies and handle any vehicle that moves , from earth movers to cars as well as RV's . The conversation I had with the claims department was very positive and based on that conversation I made the purchase. As with any policy FOLLOW the claim procedures to to the letter.

Consquential and wear and tear coverage is a must. I did have a claim on a wheel bearing with a different company thru Wholesale Warranty that without that coverage would of cost me at least $1,200.00 instead of a $100.00.

I always have had an extended warranty on my coaches I always been a head at the end of the policy vs what I paid. I belive on a diesel coach it is just the cost of ownership. My friend had a sensor failure on his diesel and the cost was $850.00. A few claims like this can exceed the cost of the policy.