Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2014, 11:55 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry about the delay-- I just got home. Here's the simple, direct quote from my contract:

"CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE: Reimbursement is provided in the event of a breakdown of a covered part due to the failure of a non-covered part, or a breakdown of a non-covered part due to the failure of a covered part."

With these contracts, they will always trace back to the primary failure that caused the chain of damage. Without Consequential Damage coverage, if they find that the primary cause was a covered failure, they will pay to repair or replace that covered item that failed, and any other covered items taken out downline by the initial failure. But they will not cover any non-covered items, even if destroyed by the failure of a covered item. If the initial failure was a non-covered item, then none of the subsequent damage is covered, either. So, you can see how that one simple sentence broadens out the coverage in your favor, (not 100%, but substantially) whether the primary failure was a covered item or not.

Hope this helps.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2014, 06:29 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
Good Sam is pretty pricy with a high deductible, but they seem to be easy to work with on claims... especially if you go to Camping World to get the work done.
I will say only this, I just recently went through a claim process with them, they did pay, however, the Cummins repair facility said they will no longer accept them for payment. They said anyone with them will now pay upfront and have to request reimbursement on the back side. Just a point of light in this complicated ESP stuff. BTW I had pretty good records.
2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy (ret).
navychaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:24 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulEnglund View Post

I cancelled an ACC warranty last summer for not paying claims, and am still waiting for payment on refund and claims. Went with Wholesale Warranty as replacement.
Paul - 04 Endeavor
You may want to file a consumer complaint with the State of Indiana Attorney General's office. They have filed a lawsuit against ACC Warranty based on the large number of complaints they have received. No guarantee that you will get anything from the results of the lawsuit but you definitely will get nothing if you are waiting for Steve Burgess to pay you the refund of premium and any claims. Here is the State of Indiana Attorney General's Consumer Complaint web site: Attorney General: Consumer Complaint.
CyHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:44 AM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
We got the same sales pitch about USA Travel Care from LaMesa several years ago when we purchased our motorhome from them. The USA policy was a bit more expensive than others we have had but stupidly we bought it not realizing that it was actually American Guardian. Part of the sales pitch was that USA will pay the claim directly to the shop by credit card and we would not have to lay out anything except the $100 deductible. We have had two claims on chassis/diesel issues and both of the shops (nationally recognized, reputable repair facilities) that did the repairs stated that they would not accept payment directly from American Guardian and we had to lay out thousands of dollars. In both cases, American Guardian paid about half of the cost of the repairs stating that the hours approved were from a flat rate book (they would not tell me what book), they only pay $100 per hour labor, do not pay for diagnostic time, do not pay sales tax on the repair, and do not pay for shipping of the necessary parts.

LaMesa must make a fortune selling this warranty. I know I would never buy another warranty written by or administered by American Guardian Warranty and this was probably the last strike against buying our next motorhome from LaMesa.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:04 PM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Talking My 2 cents on EW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
I consider EWs as being in the same league as any insurance. It is a wealth protection tool. If all you have happen is "nickel and dime" stuff, then socking away EW premiums in you own personal escrow is fine. The problem comes when you have a major expenditure.

I got a 4 year policy with WW for $6,000. In the first year they have paid out $4,300 in claims. Will there be more? maybe, maybe not. That is part of the gamble. BTW...WW (placed with Pro Tech) has been incredibly easy to work with. Not a single fuss over my claims.

Who here can "escrow" a tranny fix and say they were ahead compared to an EW? I'm certain there are a few that have the where with all to drop a tranny, fix it and all that jazz. In those cases, maybe they can save money. I am NOT capable of that, an engine overhaul, or fixing any other major mechanical system.

There is NO WAY I can see it a winning situation to escrow money for big ticket items like major systems. Anyone saying they can save money paying out of pocket for a blown engine vs an EW is a little coo coo. OTOH, I do understand those that feel it is a lot of money for something they might not ever use. Sounds like auto insurance to me.

So...in the end, it is a calculated tactic. Pay for a service that you may never use but if it bails you out of a major pickle...SWEEEEEEEET! I kinda like the feeling that I have some backup in case of a catastrophic service event.

YMMV.
Amen my friend. This is all very confusing but at the end of reading all of you guys making valuable comments I have to agree and disagree and the decision is only mine and mine alone. I've been paying for auto insuranse for over 40 years. They have made a lot of money of my rear end and thats okay with me. I sleep very good at night knowing that if I ever get into an accident the insurance company will be there to pay.

I see EW as another auto insurance companies, its another piece of mind to help me sleep well knowing if somethings breaks, an as you all know it will, they will be there to help me out. I dont see it as wasting money as most people think. I am buying a 2014 Fleetwood Excursion 35B and I will get an exclusionary EW for 84 moths or 75K miles for around $3800. If I cancel in a year or two I will get some of that money back. You can't do that with most auto insurance companiel.

Sleep well my friends
Hector1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:53 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
OK...gotta add to this AGAIN!

I'm sitting in Pro Custom Inc's garage with my big slide busted. Cogs and shafts need to be replaced because of being worn out. Apparently this is not highly unusual.

Anyway...Parts will be a minimum of $200 and labor a MINIMUM of 8 hours. This is a big job that will require some cutting and welding new parts into place.

This works out to about $1000 if all goes well but probably will be closer to $1200 is my guess.

It is gonna cost me $200...THANK YOU WW! They have already approved the work.

To be fair and balanced...

If a person was well versed in the slide system and comfortable with some of the fabrication that I was told needed to be done then they could get out of this with parts and their own time.

I am NOT well versed nor am I mechanically competent to do any of this.

Now, if they can get it done in time on a Friday to get me going home that would be great. It is gonna get cold in Elkhart, IN. However, if it can't be done they are letting me park inside their shop for the weekend.

I am also THOROUGHLY impressed with Pro Custom Inc. They are a newly qualified Newmar service center and with 12 hours notice they got me in for what I thought would be a simple slide adjustment. They have busted their butts to make sure parts were available and process my claim. They have promised me to do their best to get me done by Friday but not at the expense of doing a half baked job. They know just who to call and how to get the claim processed quickly.

BTW...this will put me at nearly $8500 paid out for a $6000 policy and I have 2.5 years left on it.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 05:30 PM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
A little off topic but props to the Pro Custom Inc team of Jack, Kris and Jim for getting it done today. It was touch and go that all the parts would be in place in time to get it done today but things went as well as could be expected.

The coach was finished around 4:30 and it is a bit late to kick out so I'm tucked in there building and avoiding the sub freezing temps in Elkhart tonight. I'll get a good night of sleep and be out early in the morning.

BTW...no warrantee problems. All paid for as expected except my $200 deductible.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote