Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-01-2016, 11:13 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Be aware that Wholesale Warranties is a broker (agent) and not the actual insurer. The policy you get may differ from the one someone else bought, i.e. may have different terms and coverages.

They sell policies, and I think they also act as the claims agent for most of what they sell, but they are going to manage them to the terms of the policy YOU buy.

Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2016, 03:06 PM   #16
Originally Posted by boyland View Post
Did a lot of quotes for our 2002 motorhome landed with goodsams they were slightly higher than another quote but honestly to save 300 per year in coverage i liked goodsams service over the years on other things from parks to road service. Just thought a little savings was not worth the learning a new company.
So we just bought the goodsams program just yesterday after comparing for a few weeks.
I chose the high deductible option i would never file a claim for something small. I would recommend comparing different amounts with deductibles i do not remember exactly but there was a point where the premium dropped dramatically. I also liked the fact that we are locked in for 3 years at the same rate per year. that is our opinion
Can I ask how much you paid? I have a 2003 Tiffin Allegro and they quoted me $5800 for ONE year. I keep thinking it was an error since it's more than 3 times what others have quoted.

HyOnLyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:35 PM   #17
Monaco Owners Club
We bought ours through Good Sam and it was 1250.00 for the year, with a 1000.00 deductible. I figure for a real major issue, I would have some back up. Regards
2009 Monaco Camelot 425 HP cunmins ISL 40QDP
Toad- 2011 ford- flex tow 4 wheel down
rvadventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:24 AM   #18
I called wholesale warranties several days ago.
Talk about high pressure.
He would not take no as an answer.
I finally had to hang up on the jerk.
Just for the High pressure aspect I for one would not deal with them.
Besides the quoted price I figured I could replace very appliance twice over.
Granted if I had engine or transmission problems than maybe but it was still a lot of money.
New to us 2008 Dutch Star 4035
Major upgrade from our 2006 Goof Stream Crescendo
Dutchstar08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:18 PM   #19
Wow, my experience with them was completely different. Just called a few days ago and the young lady was so nice and helpful.
HyOnLyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:34 PM   #20
Outdoors RV Owners Club
We had Good Sam for 11 years on our '04 Itasca Horizon 40AD. Never had a problem and they sent an adjustor out just one time when we broke down in OKC, but he ok'd repairs after waiting a couple days for him to show!
Jim & Linda Kelly
2016 Wind River 270CISW
2011 F-150 Eco-boost, Max-tow
Oldelevatorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 07:13 AM   #21
Looking at a $200 deductible on a 7yr extended warranty for a 2016 DP. The end price is 3 times more expensive with Good Sam. Approximately $6k quote from Wholesale Warranties versus $18k quote from Good Sam. Talking major difference.

And for the person who had a bad experience with Wholesale, that is a completely different experience than what I have had. The agent has been very helpful, not pushing at all.
jimrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:01 AM   #22
Originally Posted by HyOnLyph View Post
Can I ask how much you paid? I have a 2003 Tiffin Allegro and they quoted me $5800 for ONE year. I keep thinking it was an error since it's more than 3 times what others have quoted.
It was around 1300 for the standard but we did the extended seals portion total was about 1600
boyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:37 AM   #23
Thor Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
goodsam vs wholesale

just got quotes from both on a 08 Winnebago Journey 39"DP Goodsam with $1000 ded was 1185.90, included Gaskets and Seals coverage WW does not offer a 1000 ded. their quote was $500 ded , 1803.30/yr
jimallred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 04:28 PM   #24
Ford Super Duty Owner
I quoted Good Sam, Wholesale and Coach Net. For me I received what I thought better coverage at the lowest quote from Coach Net.
2016 Georgetown 328
2015 Fiat 500 toad
db7512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:51 AM   #25
Cost is important but I am truly concerned with level of service when the service is needed? Just want to make sure that when I finally do need the service I can feel comfortable that everything will be handled and I won't get "stuck in the middle" between the service provider and the warranty provider? I have not had any horror stories regarding Wholesale Warranty nor Good Sam, so based on price I am leaning toward Wholesale Warranty.

jimrf is offline   Reply With Quote