Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Does anyone have any claims experience with other companies ??

Would you furnish name and contac
How much ? 1 25.00%
What's covered ? 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2006, 08:03 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, dealers will often reduce prices to match competitive offers. Same thing applies to financing rates, if you are considering financing through the dealer.

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2007, 08:20 AM   #30

I recently puchased a 2003 Damon Intruder and am looking at going to Warranty Experts for a 4 year warranty. Did any of you actually purchase a policy from them? Any actual problems?
Thanks
Harry

2003 Damon Intruder 350
lionel_046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:46 PM   #31

Mid Atlantic Campers
i bought a warranty from warranty experts 2 weeks ago.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:41 PM   #32

RV Roamer: Why do you always back the warranty companies in your posts? AS a moderator you should not be involved in either positive or negative posts. You did not mention the tens of thousands of people who have been cheated by these companies when they went out of business. Remember Warranty Gold? If any who are considering Warranty Expets goes over to RV. NET and does a search you will see lots of negative posts on that broker. The ones I remember are: paying for but never getting A policy and switching providers from an initial quote. One of the biggest consumer complaints is extended auto warranties. Yes some people do not follow the rules but many do. How about this one: If your owners manual states that you must change your diff. oil at 10,000 miles and you do not, ANY claim you make, even for say a stereo will not be covered. If your unit is used they will try to tell you that it was a pre existing condition. Some shops will not work with many of those companies as they take too long to approve repairs. If you break down in Tucumcari and are on vacation will you want to ait 2 weeks for some inspector to approve your repairs? Being as Warranty Experts is a broker you are at the mercy of the provider. I would first find out what company they are using for your policy and then ask your local dealer if he would do repairs with that company. You might be surprised. RV Roamer: You should model your posts after moderators in other forums. They rarely participate in discusions but will help the original poster in getting an UNBIASED answer. A moderator should be there to guide the discussion and make sure it follows forum rules
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:46 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
moisheh,
Thankfully, things are done differently on iRV2 than the other forum. iRV2 is for the exchange of information. From what I have seen, moderators participate just like everybody else. Bashing posts like yours are common on the other forum and rare here. For me and maybe for others I stay on iRV2 because members posts are of a much higher quality, without the constant bashing found in too many posts on the other forum. Maybe that is why folks hang out here instead of the other forum. Many of iRV2 members have an ID on several forums. Information can be found, without posts like yours.

The moderators on iRV2 are excellent. In addition to their moderator duties, they are involved in sharing personal experiences and facts. This information is valued by other members.

moisheh,
If your style of posting is to spread your testosterone by being the posting bully, please consider making your posts on the other forum. Based on my experience that is where your posts will be welcome and enjoyed.

iRV2 moderators, keep doing exactly what you are doing.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:02 PM   #34

Mid Atlantic Campers
Now I'm nervous. I bought a warranty from W.E I will have to ck up to see that I'm registered with a company. I was told I'm listed with Nation Wide.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:30 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
moisheh, the moderators on this site do participate in the forum discussions as well as monitor them. Moderators are no different from any one else and do have feelings and opinions on subjects. As a general procedure, if a moderator is participating in a form discussion and offering his opinion or expertise, he will not act as a moderator, but will let other moderators perform the function of the moderator.

Several moderators are assigned to each forum to allow moderating as well as participation. The moderators are assigned to areas to allow their expertise to be used to it's fullest.

On edit, I wanted to note that we have had good luck as well as bad lucky on extended warranties. It depends a lot on the RV and the general realibility of it. It is nothing more than an insurance policy and you need to read it in great detail to see what is excluded from coverage or what components are covered.

Ken

Ken
Old 01-27-2007, 07:05 PM   #36
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moisheh:
If any who are considering Warranty Experts goes over to RV. NET and does a search you will see lots of negative posts on that broker. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>moisheh, That's not inconsistent with the normal content of the board on RV.NET and it's one of the reasons why iRV2 was founded.

I will say this about extended warranty plans, you are essentially betting against yourself that your vehicle "is" going to break.

I have had nightmare experiences with extended warranty companies and the dealerships that bill them without fixing the original problem.

If I was dedicated to allocating the funds for an EW policy I would put the money in a saving account and draw it if I needed it. Most likely at the end of the term most of your money would be in the bank because just about everything you need to get fixed on your vehicle when claimed is denied by the extended warranty company.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:12 AM   #37
Moderator Emeritus

It's certainly true that extended warranties are a potential source of problems and that it is generally more cost effective to self-insure than to buy an EW. I rarely buy them for most products, but feel that RVs are an exception worth considering. My reasoning is that RVs have several very expensive components that seem to be quite susceptible to failure. Fridges are one, diesel engine components are another.

So if you can afford to pay for an unexpected major repair should it occur, then you are probably better off without an extended warranty. Keep the money in the bank, as Driver advises. But if you are on a fixed income or have your money tied up in investments that are hard to liquidate on short notice (eg. CoDs or annuities), or simply aren't good at saving/budgeting for future expenses, then an EW may be useful. But there is a dollar cost and there is a risk of unscrupulous insurers.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:29 AM   #38
JRP

RV Roamer, that's a good summary recap. I completely agree, these so called extended warranties (which warranty nothing except that they instead of you will earn a profit from investing your up front payment), should be evaluated as a cash flow decision. If you have enough in savings to cover your own repair/replacement costs, you'll come out ahead 95% of the time.

wa0mqe,
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> $4500 for 7 years is $643 per year </div></BLOCKQUOTE> - since most of your major RV compenents are already covered directly by the individual equipment manufacturers for 3 - 5 yrs and most EW fine print says they will not cover anything while its still covered by the Mfg, your $4500 is more accurately only buying you a few years protection.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> So when some say they don't think extended warranty's are worth it, I guess if they weren't required by law to have vehicle insurance they wouldn't carry it either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your comparison only makes sense for vehicle collision/comprehensive coverages. which in fact are not required (except by your financing loan) and many do not carry, especially once the vehicle is paid for. What the states require and why I and others are more willing to pay for real vehicle insurance, is the liability coverage protection against million dollar suits for personal injury damages, not the $500 bill to fix a fender bender. there is no corresponding million dollar liability protection in extended "warranty" insurance.

Jim
Old 01-29-2007, 11:42 AM   #39

Anohter company to check out is rvprotection.net. They only sell policies(these are really insurance policies, not warranties) on the top 5 or 6 companies that are AM Best rated for financial stability. They also have an inspection clause in their policies so they can weed out the people who buy the policy because they have an expensive pre-existing condition and they're trying to scam the insurer into paying for it. Another thing I recommend is to ask lots of questions. Get a copy of the contract before purcashing(if they refuse to give you a copy, walk away) and go over it in detail and ask for clarification on anything that isn't clear. Think of all the things in your RV and check to see what's covered and what's not. Policies for new RVs are different than used units. New ones are covered by exlusionary policies, used one by inclusionary policies. If you don't know the difference, do some more homework before buying. IMO, the worst place to buy one of these policies is from the dealer. It's a big profit center for them.

8.3L Cummins ISC
BIGRED1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:26 PM   #40

The very best warrenty you can buy, bar none---------Keep your motorhome serviced. much less expensive than any warrenty you can buy.