Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Does anyone have any claims experience with other companies ??

Would you furnish name and contac
How much ? 1 25.00%
What's covered ? 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2006, 01:49 AM   #1

My Good Sam CSP is up for renewal 1/2/07 and I don't want to pay $1,998.00 for next year if there are comparable plans at lower cost.

Thanks== AIME=== AJBJRVERS===

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2006, 01:49 AM   #2

My Good Sam CSP is up for renewal 1/2/07 and I don't want to pay $1,998.00 for next year if there are comparable plans at lower cost.

Thanks== AIME=== AJBJRVERS===

Old 12-06-2006, 01:20 PM   #3
adj

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
In my 16 years of mh ownership, the biggest repair bill I ever had was a new roof a/c on my 04 Brave ($650.00). We are now enjoying our 5th mh and have been full timing for the past 10 years. I figure I have saved around $30000 by not utilizing extended warrenties.

04 Lapalma 33'
adj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:52 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Contact Jason Flowers at Warranty Experts and you will likley be pleasantly surprised. I find them to be substantially less than Good Sam CSP in most cases. Feel free to use my name as a reference.

Warranty Experts

Whether you need a n extended warranty is another debate that I won't get into here.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:23 AM   #5

I agree with Gary about Warranty Experts. I presently have our 7yr. Warranty with them on our coach. We had it with them on our previous coach and when we traded, we were refunded nearly the whole premium after two years of coverage.

Great honest company in my opinion.

Ron

GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 04:47 PM   #6

Mid Atlantic Campers
I'm shopping now for an extended warrenty. CPS will only write a 4 yr unlimited mileage policy $1884. $100 deductable. They won't tell me how much it will cost to renew with the 1 yr renewables after the 4 yrs. Others will of course write the 7yr 70K mile or 100K miles policies,of course they are more money and I cant figure out who is better price wise without CPS additional yr prices.
Anyone got any ideas?

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:22 PM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

I bought an Xtraride warranty.

The link is to an online brochure I found at another dealers site...

Howard RV wrote my policy, I'm sure there's a dealer in your area that could do the same...

I was shown the renewal rates on a chart....
rebelsbeach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 05:43 AM   #8

Mid Atlantic Campers
Good stuff, I contacted Jason at warrenty experts and he hooked me up with a heck of a price. It seems his policy is a tad better then CSP from GS for a few hundred less.
Thanks Gary.

Old 12-09-2006, 05:56 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It seems his policy is a tad better then CSP from GS for a few hundred less. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised too. I got 5 years/70K miles of coverage for what Good Sam wanted for three years. Lower deductible too. And its renewable just like the GS policy. I also comparison shopped a couple others, including the dealer, and they were about the same as GS.

So other than the "if it seems to good to be true, it probably is" factor, Warranty Experts seems like the place to go. However, I do have friends who have purchased policies there and have made claims with no hassles, so I'm confident about the follow-on services as well.
Old 12-10-2006, 01:23 AM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RV Roamer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It seems his policy is a tad better then CSP from GS for a few hundred less. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised too. I got 5 years/70K miles of coverage for what Good Sam wanted for three years. Lower deductible too. And its renewable just like the GS policy. I also comparison shopped a couple others, including the dealer, and they were about the same as GS.

So other than the "if it seems to good to be true, it probably is" factor, Warranty Experts seems like the place to go. However, I do have friends who have purchased policies there and have made claims with no hassles, so I'm confident about the follow-on services as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-10-2006, 01:30 AM   #11

To; All. re; extended waranties,

My Good Sam CSP is up for renewal on 1/2/07 at a $1,986.00 premium with a $100.00 deductible. 2nd year of 3 year policy, don't know what happens then.

I've seen the postings re; Warranty Experts, has anyone had any claims with them and if so, how were they handled??

Anyone else had claims experience with other companies??

Thanks for the help. I await replies.

==AIME==== AJBJRVERS===
Old 12-10-2006, 04:58 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

I know two people with policies bought through Warranty Experts and they had no problem with claims. You have to remember, though, that Experts is a broker (agency) and may not be selling the same policy today that they were last year or next year. Or may offer different policies in different states (because the insurer who underwrites the policy may not be licensed to write insurance in all states). On the other hand, their business depends heavily on having happy customers who pass on recommendations via the internet, so they aren't knowingly going to sell junk.

On our previous coach I had a policy I bought through RVProtection.net, another broker. The insurer was American Guardian, doing business as USA TravelCare. There are some warnings on the net about American Guardian denying claims, but I had no problem at all with my one claim on an air conditioning problem. They were actually quite liberal about it.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:32 AM   #13

Mid Atlantic Campers
ajbj, that sounds way high. when I spoke to GS they explained they write the first policy for 4 yrs at $1887 total. After that they will renew for 3 yrs at a fixed price. They told me that the fixed price for the renewal would only be a little over the 4yr price of 1887 divided by the 4 years = $471.75 per yr. she said the renewal would probably be around $500 per yr locked in for the next 3 yrs. Why is yours so high for the second yr renewal ?

Old 12-10-2006, 02:02 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
My Good Sam Gold Plan is for 7 yrs or 75,000 miles. It was spendy about $4,500, but I thought it was worth it. I think you can only get the Gold Plan from a Dealer when you purchase a coach.

I haven't had to use it yet, but then I pay $1050 a year for the coach vehicle insurance and haven't had to use it yet either. So when some say they don't think extended warranty's are worth it, I guess if they weren't required by law to have vehicle insurance they wouldn't carry it either. $4500 for 7 years is $643 per year, my vehicle insurance is $1050 a year so at 7 years that's $7350.

Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote