Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2010, 04:54 PM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Extended Warranty/Service Agreement

We are going to take the plunge and get an extended warranty through WholesaleWarranties.Net
Has anyone had any dealings with this company?
Thanks for any input
Paula28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2010, 07:41 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
I purchased a warranty from them a few weeks ago, did some research, contacted the company that handles claims for the warranty plans and they spoke highly of them. Made sure they were on good terms with warranty company and licensed to sell product, Checked out BBB, They're a small company, actually a broker selling various plans to suite your needs, haven't used it yet, hope I don't need to, seemed like good people. Can't tell you much more, $ 1900 for 5yrs/50,000 on an 06 fleet Excursion w/9400 miles
sevenmacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:02 PM   #3

Beware

I purchased a warranty on my 2000 Georgie Boy from these people when I purchased it used. The first time I tried to use it was when I had generator and frig. problems while tailgating at an LSU football game. A mobile repairman was on the lot working on someone else's motor home and agreed to take a look at my problems. He was able to repair both of the problems but said that he did not deal with warranty companies and required cash. I submitted the receipt to the company with a letter explaining why I was unable to obtain prior authorization. They denied my claim for "no pre authorization". I wrote that off as a bad situation until the next time. I had the unit at a bus repair location the guy was trying to work with the company and get all required pre authorizations. They sent an inspector out after I had already picked the motor home up. They denied the claim and to make a long story short, I ended up paying over $2000 for the work. I canceled the contract and purchased one from Good Sam. It seemed like the other company could always find something in the wording of the contact to exclude the repair from coverage. I have mixed feelings about these contracts. I have a $500 deductable on the current contract and the repairs aways seem to be under the deductable. I have spent thousands on repairs even with the contract.
crause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:59 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I was at the Monaco Service facility in Indiana the week they closed. I asked the service writers and staff what warranty company was the easiest to deal with regarding claims. They commented Good Sams. I did purchase an extended warranty with them but have not had to use as of yet.
chiefdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:28 PM   #5

I have a warranty policy that I bought from wholesale warranty and let me tell you that I couldn't be more pleased with that company I havehad three claims Wich two of them were pretty big and the always pay no questions asked but of course they have rules hand you have to follow if you don't you will be denied the claim but I think that's with any company every plan I buy in the future will be from them.
ninos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have an Interstate Star policy that I am very happy with so far. I asked the local Workhorse facility who they preferred to work with and they said Good Sam. Most problems with extended warranty policies that I read about are due to not getting pre approval.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:44 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
warraanty policy

i've had my mh a couple of years and when i bought it, i chose xtra ride. the policy has a 100.00 deductible i've used it twice and they were fine. one claim for 560.00 and another for 2,400. sure glad i had the policy.
pawpawboyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Thanks for the input!
Paula28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:30 PM   #9

Protective Xtra Ride
Snowman 1 is offline   Reply With Quote