Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #1

Exterior door with deadbolt remove

how do I remove and tighten my entrance door that has a lock and deadbolt?
I have a 1996 Pace Arrow Vision
thanks in advance for any answers
duktale13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2013, 08:17 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
You unlatch the door and deadbolt. With door open, you remove the hinges while someone holds the door so it doesn't hit the ground. Same in reverse. Unless you meant something different.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:59 AM   #3

my mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post
You unlatch the door and deadbolt. With door open, you remove the hinges while someone holds the door so it doesn't hit the ground. Same in reverse. Unless you meant something different.
thanks but I wasn't clear on what I am trying to do, I want to remove the locking assembly or figure how to tighten unit as it is loose and will rock approx. a quarter of an inch, I have removed the three screws but not able to pull it apart,, yesterday I noticed maybe there is glue around the outer part or a gasket that is stuck
Old 04-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by duktale13 View Post
thanks but I wasn't clear on what I am trying to do, I want to remove the locking assembly or figure how to tighten unit as it is loose and will rock approx. a quarter of an inch, I have removed the three screws but not able to pull it apart,, yesterday I noticed maybe there is glue around the outer part or a gasket that is stuck
Some pictures would really help..... However, most lock assemblies will have 2 -3 screws on the inside holding it together. Then on the door at the jam, there will be 2 screws there holding it tight to the outside (these must be removed). It will also have 1 or 2 "posts" which act as a guide to align the door to the jam when it's shut. These posts should have a slotted end to adjust their depth in the jam. They can also be completely un-screwed. You will probably have to do this to remove the assembly. The inside handle "may" have a set screw which holds the handle onto the mechanism which would prevent the assembly from coming apart. Lastly, the outside half most likely has been caulked/glued to the outside of the door to prevent water penetration. However, doing everything else first should allow you to separate the 2 halves.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #5

thanks for the info, yesterday I noticed some caulk around the outside lock plate and was thinking it might just ben holding it and will see what I can do to break it loose after getting all of the screws out,,,thanks again
Old 04-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
You're welcome, let us know how you make out.

Tags
door