Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2014, 01:58 PM   #71

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
I used the new micro fiber mitt for the Poli Glow re-application a couple months ago.

I washed and prepped the coach for a maintenance coat of Poli Glow last weekend and was able to use the mitt for the application instead of the chamois type hand brick and I want to say the mitt worked fantastic!

I highly advice the mitt for any future Poli Glow applications, folks.

Poli Glow Micro Fiber Mitt Applicator - Poli Glow Products

No, I am too scared of heights so I had to use the old applicator for the upper 3' of the coach, but the micro fiber mitt went so much faster and easier!

I put 2 maintenance coats on and 3 on the west (curb) side where the sun is so relentless. She looks fantabulous!

I also did my tires and wheels and put 303 on the tires, WOW did that make a difference. I was told to put nothing on them, but 303 is a good product and I used it on them, looks fantastic...I'll get a picture or two and post....

I am doing mine this weekend, hope to get the same results as you...
FMCA F438950
AUPOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2014, 03:27 PM   #72

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lets see pictures!!
Old 08-05-2014, 03:39 PM   #73

Why is bleach bad? I've used it on every boats fiberglass I've ever owned. Almost impossible to get all the blood of it without bleach.
Fl_Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:08 AM   #74

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl_Richard View Post
Why is bleach bad? I've used it on every boats fiberglass I've ever owned. Almost impossible to get all the blood of it without bleach.
In my case it was rough on all the microfractures in the surface of the gel coat and kind of I think somehow made them a little worse, but don't have proof positive of it, but it sure killed the mold!
Old 08-06-2014, 08:19 AM   #75

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am not sure, but I thought the dark stuff in the cracks is old wax that has been subject to weather for a while. I used bleach to remove it and then used Red Max Pro to seal it on my previous MH. The black cracks did not come back for over a year until I sold it.

FYI--Red Max Pro is no longer available, but ZEP makes an acrylic floor wax that is the same thing available at most Lowes stores.
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:57 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl_Richard View Post
Using it to wash blood off the deck is the best way to do it. Using bleach on the hull doesn't help things and it breaks down whatever wax was on there.

Using it on the rub-rail to get mold off isn't worth the trouble. Just get some high-gloss white paint and paint the rail. Keeps mold off for several years.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:50 PM   #77

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Why don't you try a product called "WET AND FORGET". It is non toxic, contains no bleach and does a fantastic job. I started using it around my house and on my roof last year, it is amazing stuff. On one of my sheds the green mold was awful, one application and 4 months later it looked like new. Don't know if it will solve your problem, but it's worth a try.

You tube is amazing, you can find videos for everything these days.
Gerryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:42 AM   #78

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Weekend project with Poli Glow...5 coats, 8 hours. We are very happy with the results
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Before 2.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	287.7 KB
ID:	70509   Click image for larger version

Name:	After 2.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	221.3 KB
ID:	70510  

Click image for larger version

Name:	After 1.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	70511  
FMCA F438950
AUPOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:49 AM   #79

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUPOP View Post
Weekend project with Poli Glow...5 coats, 8 hours. We are very happy with the results

Excellent job!!! Great looking!

Thanks for sharing!!!