Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2019, 09:59 PM   #99

I find the outdoor entertainment with TV, sound bars rude.
Consider that others camping by you do not wish to hear and see your TV.
rdchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2019, 11:42 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldmso54 View Post
Why the hate for TV watchers? What about loud music, loud conversations, loud kids, loud pets, loud A/C's, loud generators? Too loud is too loud, annoying is annoying, regardless of the source. .
Yep. You are absolutely correct. Outside TV watchers are exactly the same as loud music, loud conversations, loud kids, loud pets, etc.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Smokey3214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 04:24 AM   #101

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
This started out as a question about the pros and cons of the outside TV.

And ended with my quiet time.

I am looking for our first MH as well Mitch and plan to have and use an outside TV mostly for sports. I'm an ex jock and still love to compete on the golf course and ride my bike.

We also love exploring Natl. parks and hiking.

Having said all that , when we use our outside TV we will make sure it doesn't impede on anyone's quiet time.

To me the only time to use a sound system would be at a college or pro football game if your tailgating at the game or a similar situation.

!!GO BIRDS!!
Janjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 05:50 AM   #102

Already answered once that we have only used three times but got to thinking about Bluetooth headphones. Our cheap, low end outside TV in our Tiffin Phaeton (!!!) doesn’t bluetooth. Any suggestions for connecting headphones to the unit? Perhaps, just perhaps we would actually turn it on outside so there was no noise. Cartoons or TV Land only of course....
Nanci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:21 AM   #103

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
a 360-600 horse 35-45 foot motorhome With a Tempur-pedic mattress , indoor bathroom with shower and full kitchen and bar , to sit outside and commune with nature isn’t camping to me.

I need to comment on this, I 100% agree.

I have camped many nights; being involved with our 2 BOYS in Cub/BOY Scouts from 1st. grade until they were 18, and even a the troop's Scoutmaster for a few years, I have had more than a few nights, awesome nights at that, camping. I wouldn't trade them for the world, but the DW hasn't and doesn't want to, which is why we are getting the MH. It's time for the two of us to enjoy each other, nature together as much as we can and relax, just not sure if the outdoor TV will be involved.

If we do get one, we will not be the ones that blasts it so the whole CG can enjoy what we're watching; we want to blend in if not become unnoticeable, not the center of attention or "that couple."
Old 08-27-2019, 07:21 AM   #104

Most TV's have either downward or out the back speakers.....not hard to control volume...and sit closer.....lol
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:15 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidMichHunte View Post
As we continuing to look for our first MH, we came to another head scratcher, at least to us. For those of you that have an outside entertainment system/exterior TV, do you use it and would you get it on your next HM? I assume the awning blocks enough sun to make it viewable durning the day? What are the pro & cons to it and is it worth the $?
We have one but rarely use it. We camp to get away from tvs and other electronics. We purchased our MH used. It has all the features we were looking for and just happened to have an external entertainment system. I would rather have an external kitchen. But if it suits your lifestyle, go for it. You also have to consider where you camp and what stations are available.
ddamron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:32 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Already answered once that we have only used three times but got to thinking about Bluetooth headphones. Our cheap, low end outside TV in our Tiffin Phaeton (!!!) doesn’t bluetooth. Any suggestions for connecting headphones to the unit?
Get a bluetooth Aptx low latency buetooth transmitter and connect it to the TV digital audio out. Then use bluetooth Aptx low latency headphones or any headphones connected to bluetooth Aptx low latency receiver. This is how I listen to my inside TV. All this stuff is available at Amazon.

Aptx low latency gear will prevent the bluetooth audio from being delayed compared to the video.
Old 08-28-2019, 04:09 AM   #107

Yep, threads venture, that's for sure

Outside TV - not for us. OP question answered.

Other noise just as frustrating? Yes, but at night most of those improve (kids asleep, dogs inside). Sometimes the alcohol gets the best of folks and neighbors get loud, yes, definitely an annoyance. But in my 30 years of camping there are far more night time TV watchers polluting the darkness and quiet with huge bright LED TVs. And I agree with another poster who commented how often people with those huge TVs walk away from them and leave the on for hours when they are not even sitting there watching. Totally ruins my camping experience.
Old 08-28-2019, 07:55 AM   #108

[QUOTE=got to thinking about Bluetooth headphones. Our cheap, low end outside TV in our Tiffin Phaeton (!!!) doesn’t bluetooth.
TVs with Bluetooth are ridiculously inexpensive, and as a plus, much lighter than their older counterparts. Avantree makes a Bluetooth Xmitter that plugs into the headphone, optical etc port on the rear of the TV. [B]https://tinyurl.com/yytzkl93 [/B]Good for quite a distance. Since I can't stand something plugged into my ears for very long, we bought inexpensive bone transmitting headphones. They rest against the bone directly in front of the ear. They sound wonderful, and it's possible to carry on a normal conversation while wearing them and still have quality sound. It's the best of both worlds. You can also hook the Xmitter up to your inside TV and wear the headphones outside if you just like to listen to the news. We use them in the house and RV. Wireless, rechargeable: https://tinyurl.com/y4ad5lnp
botiemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 09:34 AM   #109

Exterior TV

Does this mean your fellow RVers have to listen to your annoying outdoor TV on a quiet Sunday afternoon. Gheez what next. Loudspeakers?😟
MakethePlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:00 AM   #110

I’ve been full timing for 3 years, seldom see anyone using theirs. I’ve used ours a few times, daytime hours , volume low.
I think people are making mountains out of molehills.
TVs are no different than any other way of making noise.
Be respectful of your neighbours no matter what the noise source , weather tv, radio, pets, kids etc.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:28 AM   #111
tcg

I never saw a need for one and still don't but...

A couple years ago we were staying in a state park in Alabama on a Saturday night during college football season.

The park was packed and I lost count of how many outdoor tvs were on.

Every time there a touchdown or some other significant football play everyone hit the panic buttons their truck keyfobs sounding all the horns in the park.

I'm not a football fan but I could see the the fun after seeing that.

As soon as the game ended the park emptied out pretty quick.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:41 PM   #112

This has been interesting to follow

There are some real misconceptions by many folks

Glamping is pretty much what anyone with a large A or C class is doing and that just might include AC and exterior TV and a 50 amp service with hook ups

Camping is someone boondocking or in a rural out of the way setting not in a modern 50 amp campground with all the amenities

What are you doing in a campground like that if you want peace and quiet, isn't that a bit odd to go somewhere you know there is a lot of activity and then want solitude?

Some folks just like to gripe

We need to be a bit more considerate as there are really two distinct groups of campers out there, those who pick up after the trashy ones and the campers that left the trash

Over 50 years of camping I have been kept awake or woken up by drunks way more than any other means. I don't see that changing one bit

As to the question about exterior TV walking through any large Class A dealer and you will have to search very hard to find a unit without one
Milford 47 is offline   Reply With Quote