Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2014, 08:43 AM   #1

EZ Pass

does anyone have an ez pass in pa. what does it cost to have one and does it work in other states? Ken
kejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2014, 09:00 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
If you have an EZpass from one state it works in every state that uses EZpass. It doesn't cost you money, it pays you money. The tolls are cheaper using EZpass, and you save a lot of time and searching for toll money. I got mine from Mass. as they do not charge any fees except for the tolls. I think PA and many other states charge a monthly fee.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:26 AM   #3

When I was looking for an EZ Pass for the motorhome the initial cost was cheaper to go with the I Pass from Illinois which can be used anywhere the EZ Pass is used.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:28 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Ours is from NY state. No fees and works all over the eastern US. Sure is nice going through the high speed toll areas and not waiting in line!
SteveR161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:33 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Plus ya save fuel.....no stopping & starting. Heck! We even have a florida Sun-Pass & only go thru there once per year!
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:39 AM   #6

Sounds great I have found that staying on the express way and driving at night also saves full and never have to stop..
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:57 AM   #7

How do you set this up if you have a toad? Seperate ez pass For The toad or set the coach one up for 4 axles?
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:22 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
EZPass & Towed

Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
How do you set this up if you have a toad? Seperate ez pass For The toad or set the coach one up for 4 axles?
Our experience has been each vehicle has to have an EZPass (here in TX we have a similar system called TX TollTag). Prior to tagging all my vehicles, the MH was tagged and the towed was not, and I would get a bill in the mail for the towed every time I went on a toll road
Old 03-08-2014, 03:29 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
My EZPass will bill be automatically for four axles when I have the
toad. I remove the toads EZPass and wrap it in foil. I was instructed
to do this by the EZPass folks. Has worked perfectly for years.
I also have the FL Sunpass, even though we only go once a year.
If you don't have one, the tolls are much higher and they mail
you a bill, having scanned your license plate. The EZPass tolls are the
same, unless you have a commuter account and go on the
same toll roads every work day.
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:46 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kejy View Post
......does it work in other states? Ken
From Maine west to Illinois or south to North Carolina. Vermont and Connecticut are not part of the network, but neither has any toll roads, bridges, or tunnels at this time.

There is a movement in Congress (That's a laugh, isn't it? Movement in Congress? Hah!) to mandate a nation-wide standardized electronic toll collection system on federal roads by mid 2016. The EZ-Pass system technology would likely be considered as the system to use. This would be beneficial from an operational pov, but, being federal, would likely increase initial costs, lower efficiency and reliability, and raise tolls. We shall see.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:31 PM   #11

EZ pass is what it means. The motorhome pass works for the toad so take the pass out of the toad when its being toad. Now listen up, EZ pass isn't coast to coast. Going west Pa. is it. I just got to have some outstanding warrents out west cause this senior citizen thought EZ pass was coast to coast on my last cross country trip. I only mentioned it now cause the statute of limitations is up, I think.
RayJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:47 PM   #12

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Our EZPass was from NY. Jeep has it's own, kept in a foil wrap when not in use. MH has 2 passes, one when we are NOT towing and one when we are towing. The one you are not using should also be kept in the special foil wrap. Obviously the "when towing" cost is higher than the "not towing". NY has special class for RV's when not towing. Same tolls as Jeep by itself.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kejy View Post
does anyone have an ez pass in pa. what does it cost to have one and does it work in other states? Ken
Do not remember the cost. We have used it in NY, GW Bridge, DE, VA, MA, PA (of course). It is different than the standard car one. I can use it with what ever i tow.

http://www.paturnpike.com/ezpass/pdf...-ZPASS_MAP.pdf
Old 03-08-2014, 06:07 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
special pass

We only go up and down the east coast for the most part. the only pass we have a commuter pass for the Havre de Grace bridge over the Susquehanna River. Only $10 for the entire year. Just don't go over it with a toad, they jump it up to 26 buck. and the the pass does not work. If you don't pay it they send a bill for $30 buck.. Talk about a stinking mess. it is cheaper to buy another pass, disconnect and have the DW drive over. That way it cost nothing.

In Florida, as said. they take a picture , charge $2 bucks extra. so what we have done is figure out how to avoid the tolls. Now we only have two tolls from NJ to Ft Meyers. total cost NJ Exit ripoff is $20 with toad, Rt 1 bridge in Delaware is 4 buck with toad and that is it. coming back going north, we dump 17 to get across the Chesapeake bay at Annapolis and another 4 bucks on the route 1 toll. I really don't mind slowing down to pay the toll. Just really hate any body tracking me.