Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2016, 09:32 AM   #15

I use the TireMinder 66 and love it. It supports 22 different tires and you can set them at different pressures. There is a new TireMinder 77, sold only through Camping World, that can be moved among three different vehicles. Which makes the investment more worth while because when your not using your rv you can use it on your daily driver.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2016, 03:12 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You are correct the toad can only have one high and one low pressure setting. Not sure how many axles your coach has, but if you were a 8 tire coach (no tag) you could use the back axle of your coach as your dolly as it has a separate setting for high and low pressure.

Old 08-24-2016, 05:18 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang37 View Post
You are correct the toad can only have one high and one low pressure setting. Not sure how many axles your coach has, but if you were a 8 tire coach (no tag) you could use the back axle of your coach as your dolly as it has a separate setting for high and low pressure.
I tried this, only issue I ran into is you can't disconnect the dolly with the "Link" function. I eventually set the dolly as the trailer and if the car sensors are included set the lows and highs appropriately to cover both. I check mine once in a while while driving so a slow leak would be detected by observation rather than the alarm.

I think this is an area of improvement for this system or any that works in a similar manner, at least for those of us towing a dolly.
vettenuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 05:41 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang37 View Post
That's exactly what I did when I towed on a dolly. Worked fine, but I never had a reason to de-link the MH from the toad. The system works awesome!
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:07 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
I can't speak to ALL TPMS's but I would think that most of them will only allow one LOW or HIGH alarm setting for the towed vehicle assuming that the vehicle you are towing does not have dually wheels like your coach generally has.

My Tire SafeGuard TPMS is like that.

Simple logic. The reason for different alarm settings for the front and rear axles on the coach is the rear axle has four tires usually set at a lower psi than your front axle where there are only two tires.

Using a compromise for the two different psi's on your dolly and toad is a good solution. Remember that you are more interested in being alerted to under-inflated tires than over-inflated tires. Under-inflation does more harm than over-inflated.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 08-24-2016, 06:33 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
I just installed an EEZ tpms. It is set for each axle. I run 100 psi on the coach, 50 psi on the dolly and 32 psi on the rear tires of the car. Works like a charm.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 08-24-2016, 06:57 AM   #21
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
I tried this, only issue I ran into is you can't disconnect the dolly with the "Link" function. I eventually set the dolly as the trailer and if the car sensors are included set the lows and highs appropriately to cover both. I check mine once in a while while driving so a slow leak would be detected by observation rather than the alarm.

I think this is an area of improvement for this system or any that works in a similar manner, at least for those of us towing a dolly.
This is a problem because we frequently go on weekend trips without the toad. I'll check out the tire minder.