Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #15

Done. I finished the gutter project. Time consuming and a lot of trips up and down the ladder. But it looks goods and was fairly easy to apply. Don't get me wrong its still a lot of work but the product is easy to work with. The 100' section comes on a reel and I started a the rear of the coach on the passenger side. Cleaned the area just above the awning rail/gutter with alcohol then apply a couple of feet, move the ladder and repeat the process. Going across the front dome area I was not able to reach it with my latter so I got on top and and that worked fine. The drains are on both sides in the rear. I am going to run a hose to the roof and turn on the water and see how it drains tomorrow.
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
Thanks for the pictures and input on installing the EZE gutters. The 100' roll arrived today so I am planning on starting this project tomorrow morning. I have a place to pull under cover at storage out of the sun and heat. My plan is to run a continuous gutter over the front window and down the sides to drain a the back on each side. My thoughts are to start at the front over the window and have slight peak, I am thinking about 1" right in the center and then tapering down to the corner and making the turn down the side. This way as water runs over the front it will run to either side. At the front corners I would have a slight decline to the back just above the existing awning rail/gutter. I am going to clean real good with alcohol and mark my line with painters tape. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
My only suggestion is to figure where you want the painter's tape in relation to how you will install the EZE gutter. For instance, if you are standing on a ladder so that you are slightly above the proposed gutter, you will probably want to put the tape ABOVE the gutter ... UNDER the gutter if you are installing from below. Reason is it is easier to see the tape for alignment. Also, don't get any dips in the gutter ... water will run off the low spots. The gutter trough is not very deep. If you make a positioning error you have a few seconds to reposition if you don't push on it.

Yes ... I found out the hard way.

oops .... I see I'm a bit late in answering you ...
Old 09-13-2013, 03:46 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
My only suggestion is to figure where you want the painter's tape in relation to how you will install the EZE gutter. For instance, if you are standing on a ladder so that you are slightly above the proposed gutter, you will probably want to put the tape ABOVE the gutter ... UNDER the gutter if you are installing from below. Reason is it is easier to see the tape for alignment. Also, don't get any dips in the gutter ... water will run off the low spots. The gutter trough is not very deep. If you make a positioning error you have a few seconds to reposition if you don't push on it.

Yes ... I found out the hard way.

oops .... I see I'm a bit late in answering you ...
I only had to use the painters tape over the front dome. Then I had to get on top to apply the gutter material. On the sides I followed the awning rail starting a little above it at front 3/4" then gradually getting closer to it as I went along. Hopefully this will give me a little decline to the back so the water will flow. It came out pretty straight. Once installed you really don't see the gutter from the ground. It just blends in. It did put gutter extension on the back to try and divert the run off from just running down the side. By chance a few days ago I found the actual black gutter extension on Amizon.com JR Products 655-BK-A Black Rigid Extended Rain Gutter Spout : Amazon.com : Automotive I had some white ones and tried painting them black but the paint just peeled off.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
I only had to use the painters tape over the front dome. Then I had to get on top to apply the gutter material. On the sides I followed the awning rail starting a little above it at front 3/4" then gradually getting closer to it as I went along. Hopefully this will give me a little decline to the back so the water will flow. It came out pretty straight. Once installed you really don't see the gutter from the ground. It just blends in. It did put gutter extension on the back to try and divert the run off from just running down the side. By chance a few days ago I found the actual black gutter extension on Amizon.com JR Products 655-BK-A Black Rigid Extended Rain Gutter Spout : Amazon.com : Automotive I had some white ones and tried painting them black but the paint just peeled off.
Sounds good ... I seldom clean the windshield except for normal dirt from driving. Had tons of white streaks from the roof before the gutter install,
Old 09-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
adonh how did you attach the "rain spout"? deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
adonh how did you attach the "rain spout"? deSanford

At the end of the run at the rear on both sides I cut the EZE gutter off right at the end of the awning rail. I then applied black outdoor silicone to the back of the flat side of the extension and the stuck about a 1/2" EZE gutter on the inside of the gutter extension and then position that on the end of the coach in line with the EZE gutter. I then drilled a small hole through the gutter and extension in to the coach and attached everything with a stainless washer and screw. I then calked the edges so that everything was water thigh. I went back to storage today and took a watering can full of water on top and then poured a small trickle at where the condensate comes from the AC's. The water worked its way over to the side and started flowing slowly yo the rear. I am parked on a concrete level pad so the coach was level. I poured just a little over the front dome and it flowed to each side and slowly made its way to the back. That's when I noticed that the extensions due to the slight curve of the end section where I had them mounted pointed up slightly. so water was backing up in the extension and EZE gutter. By slightly pushing down on the end the extension water flowed right out. So I will need to adjust the downward angle of the extensions just a little. But that can wait until next week. I don't have any pictures yet but will take some next week as well.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This is on my list of things that I want to do. Please post pics of your installs when you get a chance.

Gary
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:02 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
This is on my list of things that I want to do. Please post pics of your installs when you get a chance.

Gary
I will take pictures early next week. With the black top color on your coach the black EZE gutters will blend right in. The 100' material is on a roll that plays out without kinks or twist. You can stick a short round piece of wood like a broom handle and then rig up a stand of some kind to hold it and then place the stand forward of your ladder. Mine was rolled on with the 3-M adhesive side to set start on the back of the passenger side of the coach. You need at least an 8' ladder. The 3-M adhesive will stick real well so once to get a small section in position peel off the red backing and place it on the coach on the line you are following. Cleaning the area with alcohol is really important. Move your ladder and the roll forward about 3' and and pull off more materiel. You may not be able to reach the the area going across the front from you latter depending on how much your front window slopes. I had to get on the top for this section and used painters tape to mark my line. Then back on the ladder for the drivers side. If you have not pressed the materiel down you can still lift up small section to correct the line as you go along but you want get it as straight as you can the 1st time. The final step is to take a blunt edge and press down the area where the 3-M adhesive is. I used a short piece of wood scrap about 1/2' x 1/2" cut to about 6" long with some painters tape wrapped around one end to press down on the area with the 3-M adhesive. I did this as I went along and once you do this you don't want to be pulling it up.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #23

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
EZE gutter and spout

great info. can't wait to see the pictures of the installation and how you attached the spouts.
gman69 is offline   Reply With Quote