Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #1

Eze gutter

I odored a small section of the EZE Gutter product Essential Products RV & Marine - EZE RV Gutters just to see what it looked like. I found it to be a very good gutter material that should do a much better job of diverting the condensate run off from the Ac's than the existing awning rail/gutter on most motor homes. Mine has a tendency to run off right at the front door or over the driver side window. I have tried the extensions and clothespins but it is still a mess with the streaks down the sides. I have read some threads where others have used this material and had good results. But most were just to add small sections. I am thinking about running the EZE gutter all the way from front to back just above the existing awning rail/gutter as well as over the front dome above the front windshield. This would be one continuous run with the two discharge point at the rear on both sides. I am not as concerned about rain run off as I am the AC condensate. Once parked and leveled the EZE gutter should be able to handle run off with out overflowing and direct all of the run off to the rear. My coach is a dark maroon red along the top and I would use their black gutter material.

Has any one did this or do you have any thoughts on this type of project.

Thanks for your input
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I had it on my previous MH, and it worked as described. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #3

I ran mine in an inverted "C" shape on both sides so it runs along the roofline then downward to below the driver/passenger windows. I then ran another inverted "C" across the top of the windshield and each end empties into the gutter that runs along each side.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have installed in over my windshield on my last two motor homes. It keeps the windshield streak-free.
RedWing Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
I ran mine in an inverted "C" shape on both sides so it runs along the roofline then downward to below the driver/passenger windows. I then ran another inverted "C" across the top of the windshield and each end empties into the gutter that runs along each side.
Do you have any pictures, I would like to see how you have it laid out.

Thanks
Old 09-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing Nut View Post
I have installed in over my windshield on my last two motor homes. It keeps the windshield streak-free.
That is what I was thinking. Where does it drain. Thanks
Old 09-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have it running the length of my coach on both sides so the water exits just between behind the front windshield or off the back of the coach depending on what angle I'm at.

My coach sides are black so I got the black EZE Gutter and applied it on the flat white portion of the roof where it just starts to transition to the black. You really can't tell it's there, and it has worked excellently to keep the water off the sides of the coach.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post

Thanks

Hi Don, I'll shoot some next time I'm at RV .... probably Tuesday.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
The inventor of the EZE Gutter died last week. His name is Simon DeBeer, and he was a Holocaust survivor, and a dear friend. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
The inventor of the EZE Gutter died last week. His name is Simon DeBeer, and he was a Holocaust survivor, and a dear friend. deSanford
I am sorry to hear that. He invented a great product and no one has been able to come up with anything else to compete with it.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #11

Quote:

Thanks
Here's a few of the windshield area .... the sides are just straight and parallel to the top seam.

Please keep in mind this is a 1997 vehicle ... if it was new i'd probably try to match paint lines.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P9093359.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	268.3 KB
ID:	45745   Click image for larger version

Name:	P9093360.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	333.4 KB
ID:	45746  

Old 09-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
I put the gutter material over the windshield. It almost looks like it belongs and keeps the streaks off the front window.
FMCA #341229
JacknKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknKay View Post
I put the gutter material over the windshield. It almost looks like it belongs and keeps the streaks off the front window.

Yup ... I forgot to mention the stuff actually works
Old 09-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #14

Quote:
I odored a small section of the EZE Gutter product Essential Products RV & Marine - EZE RV Gutters just to see what it looked like. I found it to be a very good gutter material that should do a much better job of diverting the condensate run off from the Ac's than the existing awning rail/gutter on most motor homes. Mine has a tendency to run off right at the front door or over the driver side window. I have tried the extensions and clothespins but it is still a mess with the streaks down the sides. I have read some threads where others have used this material and had good results. But most were just to add small sections. I am thinking about running the EZE gutter all the way from front to back just above the existing awning rail/gutter as well as over the front dome above the front windshield. This would be one continuous run with the two discharge point at the rear on both sides. I am not as concerned about rain run off as I am the AC condensate. Once parked and leveled the EZE gutter should be able to handle run off with out overflowing and direct all of the run off to the rear. My coach is a dark maroon red along the top and I would use their black gutter material.

Has any one did this or do you have any thoughts on this type of project.

Thanks for your input

Thanks for the pictures and input on installing the EZE gutters. The 100' roll arrived today so I am planning on starting this project tomorrow morning. I have a place to pull under cover at storage out of the sun and heat. My plan is to run a continuous gutter over the front window and down the sides to drain a the back on each side. My thoughts are to start at the front over the window and have slight peak, I am thinking about 1" right in the center and then tapering down to the corner and making the turn down the side. This way as water runs over the front it will run to either side. At the front corners I would have a slight decline to the back just above the existing awning rail/gutter. I am going to clean real good with alcohol and mark my line with painters tape. Any thoughts would be appreciated.