Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2014, 11:47 AM   #1

EZE RV Gutters

Our 2013 ACE 30.1 does not have gutters. So of course the rain and moisture from the AC basically runs down where ever it wants to.
We are looking at placing EZE RV gutters along the roof so the water will channel to the back(?) of the RV. The question is how long do these last? According to the site if we place them on paint it could take the paint off if we need to remove them. If they last a long time that would be ok. But if they become brittle and need to be replaced that (paint removal) could become a problem.
Thanks,
Lisa
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2014, 06:55 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
A friend put them on his three years ago. Still going strong. We were just talking about his because I have water run down my DS window at every rain leaving white streaks. Ugh!
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:58 PM   #3

They will not take the paint off, if they do the manufacture needs lessons in painting. I have used them on three MH and on our 95 they were still there in 2005 . They stay on if applied correctly andd they work as designed.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:11 PM   #4

Thanks, appreciate the help.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:17 PM   #5

We just did our first trip in our "new to us coach" and I couldn't figure out where all the ac water was going as I'm sure we do not have drains. I had DW bring in the sides. After about 50 gallons of water came off the bedroom I had her bring the others in in short segments. Is this normal? Am I supposed to be draining these somehow prior to retraction? Obviously the auto level had the driver's side a little lower and all the water went into/on top of the toppers.

2005 Inspire 330 Davinci, #51334. C9
Old 07-13-2014, 07:48 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Haven't tried them on the roof, but we've had them over our side door for a few years now. They work as new. Very happy with them.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:46 PM   #7

Thanks again everyone. Going to order them and then hope that the two of us can get them on nice and straight!
Old 07-13-2014, 10:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duoglide1 View Post
We just did our first trip in our "new to us coach" and I couldn't figure out where all the ac water was going as I'm sure we do not have drains. I had DW bring in the sides. After about 50 gallons of water came off the bedroom I had her bring the others in in short segments. Is this normal? Am I supposed to be draining these somehow prior to retraction? Obviously the auto level had the driver's side a little lower and all the water went into/on top of the toppers.

2005 Inspire 330 Davinci, #51334. C9
We haven't had that problem - yet, at least on this one. On our older RV we used to take a broom handle and push up on the awning before we retracted the slide. I've seen somewhere that people put large balls under the awnings if it is going to rain. If I did that I'm sure I would forget them before retracting the slide.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelingIt View Post
Haven't tried them on the roof, but we've had them over our side door for a few years now. They work as new. Very happy with them.
Thanks, Nina and Paul. We are fans of your blog and follow it religiously.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:04 PM   #10

I've had no problems with ours. Once it touch's it's stuck! Get it right the first time.