Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2013, 07:34 PM   #1

F 53 no chassis heater

I know that the heater motor works because I hot wired it.I have tested the circuit from the ign switch to the power distribution box where it goes thru 40 amp fuse and exits the box.According to the wiring diagram it goes to the battery junction box and goes thru a relay.I can't find the BJB or relay.Last week I got it working (no idea why)but it would not work after I shut off IGN switch. This circuit controls heat and air conditioning both. Any ideas? I should mention-2007 Fourwinds Windsport 36c
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2013, 08:32 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Check the blower motor resistor?
Attached Images

mrv8outboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:44 PM   #3

I found that and it appears to be fine.no power at the resistor. My problem is back up the line!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 04:24 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
You may already know this, but if not, your motor has to be running for the dash/chassis heater to actual heat, because that is where the heat is coming from. The reason I even bring this up is because you mentioned "hot wiring" the heater. Again not trying to be condescending, only trying to help.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:59 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The 40 amp fuse feeds a bunch of stuff off an ignition relay and if that circuit was bad you would have more than just the blower motor not working. That fuse feeds a bunch of fuses in second fuse block under the dash normally near your left knee when sitting in the driver's seat. Can't remember what the fuse number is for the AC/Heat blower but from there it goes to the AC/Heat control panel in the dash. Since you had if working once check the fan speed switch in the dash for power in and out. Also check power out at all the various fan speeds.
Sweetbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #6

Problem solved !!! Cleaned the prongs on the #5 relay- problem solved thanx for the help-Iwill dance at yuor next wedding!!!

Tags
chassis, heater