Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2015, 02:07 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Factory Direct RVs

I've been following the thread on NEXUS RVs. It looks like a great product at a good price. Unfortunately they only make a 34~ft model, currently, I'm interested in a rig at close to 40ft.
Is anyone aware of other Factory Direct RV makers?

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2015, 02:58 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
As for I know they are the only one. I did take a tour of NeXus factor. They are a small company produce about 5 units a day. They are known for their class C units. They only have been in Business for 4 are 5 years.

Old 09-16-2015, 04:39 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
For the record, Lazy Daze sells direct, but their largest unit is a 31 foot Class C.

Mark
Old 09-17-2015, 09:54 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just re read my OP, and realize I was missing some critical info, like what I was looking for.
The NeXus rig I'd be interested in is their A class. Their only currently available A is 34 ft. I was hoping for something around the 40ft mark.

Old 09-17-2015, 11:09 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Maybe Rexhall will build one for you.

Not a big manufacturer but had good quality.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:25 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDSailor View Post
I've been following the thread on NEXUS RVs. It looks like a great product at a good price. ...
I am always intrigued and very gratified, (heck, I'm a card-carrying Capitalist businessman), that people are absolutely willing to pay MSRP, and will even defend it as a good price.

Capitalism! Ya gotta love it!
Old 09-17-2015, 03:56 PM   #7

newell makes and sells direct
Old 09-17-2015, 09:39 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachDude View Post
I am always intrigued and very gratified, (heck, I'm a card-carrying Capitalist businessman), that people are absolutely willing to pay MSRP, and will even defend it as a good price.

Capitalism! Ya gotta love it!

I'm sorry, I don't understand your response.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:39 PM   #9

I'm with you, I'd be interested to see an all electric 40 or 43 footer from Nexus with a tag.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:02 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDSailor View Post
I'm sorry, I don't understand your response.

My post is simply a very positive response that you are willing to purchase a factory direct RV. Thank You!

And, thank you for your military service!
Old 09-19-2015, 03:21 AM   #11

It's funny, I remember a bit over a year ago one of the guys from Nexus put a video up on YouTube about how much safer C-class RVs were than A-class units. Granted it was all typical salesman BS, but it was amusing. Now they are making a class A, I wonder if they still push the "class C is better" mantra?

As far as their "factory direct pricing", I'm not too impressed. On their website it lists the base price as 189,900, but simple things like wet sanding and buffing the paint are additional. Take a look at everything that is considered "optional" (like the house batteries) and start adding it up to get the rig outfitted like the video. Suddenly you're right there with Fleetwood, Thor and Winnebago (amongst others).
Is their rig built or outfitted better for the price? Possibly, but it's too soon to tell.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:12 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachDude View Post
My post is simply a very positive response that you are willing to purchase a factory direct RV. Thank You!

And, thank you for your military service!

Is this a bad thing? I really don't know and am asking the question earnestly.
Please educate me.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:13 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatterbrain View Post
It's funny, I remember a bit over a year ago one of the guys from Nexus put a video up on YouTube about how much safer C-class RVs were than A-class units. Granted it was all typical salesman BS, but it was amusing. Now they are making a class A, I wonder if they still push the "class C is better" mantra?

As far as their "factory direct pricing", I'm not too impressed. On their website it lists the base price as 189,900, but simple things like wet sanding and buffing the paint are additional. Take a look at everything that is considered "optional" (like the house batteries) and start adding it up to get the rig outfitted like the video. Suddenly you're right there with Fleetwood, Thor and Winnebago (amongst others).
Is their rig built or outfitted better for the price? Possibly, but it's too soon to tell.

Thank you, this is the type of info I'm looking for. I'm trying to learn what I don't know.

Old 09-19-2015, 03:34 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

I'm with Scatterbrain: where is the evidence that a Nexus quality is any better than anybody else? Or any less expensive once you compare apples to apples? So far those guys have demonstrated a great flair for salesmanship but I'm still waiting to see "the beef". Being named "best of the best" by some tv commentator doesn't strike me as proof of anything except looking pretty on tv. Naming a model the Bentley is a stroke of marketing genius, but that's about it.

Nexus uses the same construction techniques as anyone else, buys the same components, and pays industry standard wages to workers in the same region (Elkhart, IN) as many of the others. How did theirs get better or cheaper?

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rvs