Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2016, 01:25 PM   #1

Factory Service Centers - Newmar, Entegra, Tiffin

For repairs that need a trip back to the home factory, - Which builder is giving the best service?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2016, 03:58 PM   #2

I have had good reports about factory service at Newmar. Thus, I have an appointment there this summer. I know nothing about the other coaches.

Old 04-28-2016, 04:07 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Newmar schedules appointments and sometimes you can get something "on the fly" added after you sign the estimate and get your date. It depends on how much extra time it can take. They have lots of spaces with about 24 FHUs and maybe up to 15 in the "overflow" area with W&E. Work starts at 0600 and you need to be ready by then for them to take the coach and usually get it back before 3 PM. I've found their work to be very good.

I've been told by Tiffin owners that you show up and get in line. You don't know how long it will take and in some cases you get started then stopped and then restarted. The couple of owners I talked with weren't pleased with the process but no complaints on the actual work done. I don't know what facilities they have for parking and waiting.

EC...don't know enough about their factory service to comment.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:20 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
While American Coach is not on your list, I have nothing but great things to say about them. Of course my last visit there was before they brought Monaco/Holiday Rambler into the fold which increased the demand. Its become difficult to get an appointment. In response AC/Fleetwood is expanding it's service center as we speak.

Newmar has consistently gotten great reviews for their service department (no matter the brand, you can find someone that was disappointed).

Newmar will make an appointment for you, I'm not sure what the current AC policy is, it's been so long now since we've had to go there. I have heard from friends and loyal Tiffin owners that the new "non-scheduling" policy sucks. If still under warranty you'll get put ahead of the line, but behind any other warranty work that got there before you. Can't make an advance appointment regardless. A coach under warranty is one of the reasons that your coach, now off warranty, might be pulled out of the shop mid job - so they can finish the warranty work first.

I don't have any close friends that own Entegra. If you monitor the Entegra owner's forum you'll find the vast majority rate their factory service department high. No idea as to the appointment policy at Entegra.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:57 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
While American Coach is not on your list, I have nothing but great things to say about them. Of course my last visit there was before they brought Monaco/Holiday Rambler into the fold which increased the demand. Its become difficult to get an appointment. In response AC/Fleetwood is expanding it's service center as we speak.

Was just at the Coburg ARG (or now Rev) facility recently, you still have to book an appointment but once in they do everything they can to finish you. Seems like they don't really overbook themselves which is nice as if you have a couple of extra items they will usually fix them.

Also ARG (Rev) just recently opened another factory repair center in Texas. So they now have 3 locations to help with.
Traps90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 07:26 PM   #6

Great factory service at Newmar. Call them with description of work you need done and they will assess time / schedule appt.
Quality of work completed was good, and they identified / fixed a couple of other minor items not on the list.
britcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:56 PM   #7

Tiffin stands behind their product as well a anyone in the industry.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:13 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Entegra factory service is outstanding but it needs to be scheduled far in advance because, like other manufacturers the demand is high and there is a wait for an appointment. Once you arrive, no waiting and they will be ready for you. Like Newmar they take your coach early AM and return it mid afternoon so you can sleep in it. All parking is on spacious paved spaces with 50A electric. Water and sewer dump are available a few blocks down the street. They work very hard to satisfy their customers. Once a week the customer service manager makes breakfast for all customers present, and once a week they conduct a technical session for the coach owners. The overall feeling is that you are being well cared for and your concerns are important to Entegra.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:35 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Entegra factory service is outstanding but it needs to be scheduled far in advance because, like other manufacturers the demand is high and there is a wait for an appointment. Once you arrive, no waiting and they will be ready for you. Like Newmar they take your coach early AM and return it mid afternoon so you can sleep in it. All parking is on spacious paved spaces with 50A electric. Water and sewer dump are available a few blocks down the street. They work very hard to satisfy their customers. Once a week the customer service manager makes breakfast for all customers present, and once a week they conduct a technical session for the coach owners. The overall feeling is that you are being well cared for and your concerns are important to Entegra.
Agree 100%.

We owned a Tiffin before we bought the Entegra and had been to Red Bay. We were treated very well and yes it can be a wait to get in sometimes but the actual work was done very well and they do want you to be satisfied.

We just left Entegra after our first service and they definitely treat you very well.
They were ready for us and everything was done quickly and efficiently.

Entegra makes it clear they want you to be completely satisfied and they will do whatever it takes to keep you that way.
Rotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:39 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
Tiffin stands behind their product as well a anyone in the industry.
How have you found the services at Red Bay to be as far as schedule and facilities?

Tags
newmar, service, tiffin