Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2014, 03:13 PM   #1

Factory warranty only good on new coach purchases?

Sorry this may be obvious. But just want to double-check, do all the factory warranties only apply to new coaches? For instance, I've heard lots of good things about Tiffin's warranty/policies. But if I buy a used Tiffin Allegro coach, I'm not covered by any of the warranty, regardless how recent the used coach was built, is that so? Thx!
emeraldlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2014, 03:24 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldlake View Post
Sorry this may be obvious. But just want to double-check, do all the factory warranties only apply to new coaches? For instance, I've heard lots of good things about Tiffin's warranty/policies. But if I buy a used Tiffin Allegro coach, I'm not covered by any of the warranty, regardless how recent the used coach was built, is that so? Thx!
Good question, if the factory warranty is still in effect based on years and/or miles does it transfer to the new owner. I don't know the answer but I am sure others will respond that can answer this question.
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:27 PM   #3

Thank you for clarifying my question, adonh!
emeraldlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:30 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Go,right to the horses mouth . . . Call tiffin and ask
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:19 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I have seen Tiffin cover 2nd owners 100% before when I was in Red Bay at the service center. Don't know if there were extenuating circumstances or if it was normal practice for Tiffin. Call and ask to be sure.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:58 PM   #6

I would certainly think that a coach's warranty extends to any and all owners during the said warranty purchase. That is the way it is with the chassis; 3year/36,000 mi for us. I can't imagine it is any different for any other component and their said warranties.
Summerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:02 PM   #7

thor absolutely positively does not cover second owners no matter miles or age.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:56 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melmoses View Post
I have seen Tiffin cover 2nd owners 100% before when I was in Red Bay at the service center. Don't know if there were extenuating circumstances or if it was normal practice for Tiffin. Call and ask to be sure.
One phone call is all it takes. I'll take Tiffin's warranty practices and repair coverage over anyone else's.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:23 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
thor absolutely positively does not cover second owners no matter miles or age.
This is completely false. Thor (Damon) has been of great help to me. The 12/12 oem warranty is indeed transferable to the second owner if sold during that time. The 3/36 Ford warranty also is transferable.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldlake View Post
emeraldlake
Luckily Tiffin is one of the few coach builders still in business under the same ownership.
It hasn't been swallowed up by some greedy corporation that does nothing for anyone with an older coach.
Phone them at, (256) 356-8661, and ask.
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase