Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2014, 05:26 AM   #43

[QUOTE=laurachooch;1922713]I am new to MH's just purchased a 03 Georgie Boy Chevy workhorse w/41000 miles. garage kept in Mesa Arizona...Looked it up on NADA did the car fax and we met at 32thousand...He was happy as well as I...Nervous yet, looking forward to my new experience as well as retirement in 2015...Lots to learn as a retiring teacher...any input is warranted from my new forum...I as well need tech input and dependable places to get work done on it if needed in Mesa Arizona..thx for listening..

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2014, 06:09 AM   #44

I noted that some people expect to get all or some large portion of the money they spent for options. I think, if you are looking at used coaches, the options may be irrelevant. If it's on the used coach, and it's not something I actually wanted, it's worthless to me. However, I have no issue with paying extra for something I want. It's a used vehicle and everyone will wind up making some compromises.

Keep in mind, if the vehicle is financed, between depreciation and finance charges, the owner is losing money every day it is unsold.

Personally, I don't worry about "insulting" anyone ... it's a business transaction ... sell it/don't sell it ... there's another one down the street. And I'm not insulted when someone offers me less than what I want for my stuff ... it's part of the business. It's an offer ... take it, leave it, or counter.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:52 AM   #45

Agreed Bruce. Buying used let's me afford some options I couldn't justify financially otherwise? Alum. wheels might be a good example, or the difference between a 7.5 and 10k diesel geny? A 10 year old coach, with or without those items, will be about the same price!

Thin skinned sellers offended by qualified offers are generally asking too much for whatever it is they're selling IMHO. It's just NEXT!! for me.... -Al
Old 02-11-2014, 11:25 AM   #46

There isn't one
Old 02-11-2014, 01:28 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
Agreed Bruce. Buying used let's me afford some options I couldn't justify financially otherwise? Alum. wheels might be a good example, or the difference between a 7.5 and 10k diesel geny? A 10 year old coach, with or without those items, will be about the same price!

Thin skinned sellers offended by qualified offers are generally asking too much for whatever it is they're selling IMHO. It's just NEXT!! for me.... -Al
Yup ...
Old 02-11-2014, 11:47 PM   #48

Rexhall Owners Group
[QUOTE=laurachooch;1922714]
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurachooch View Post
I am new to MH's just purchased a 03 Georgie Boy Chevy workhorse w/41000 miles. garage kept in Mesa Arizona...Looked it up on NADA did the car fax and we met at 32thousand...He was happy as well as I...Nervous yet, looking forward to my new experience as well as retirement in 2015...Lots to learn as a retiring teacher...any input is warranted from my new forum...I as well need tech input and dependable places to get work done on it if needed in Mesa Arizona..thx for listening..
Laura, you should really create your own post. That way you can address specific issues and more members will respond. By the way, congratulations on the coach.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:15 AM   #49

you couldn't touch anything you'd want to buy where I live for low retail, think most people post a lot of bs...
Old 02-12-2014, 07:14 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89sandman View Post
you couldn't touch anything you'd want to buy where I live for low retail, think most people post a lot of bs...
Well ... just like cars and real estate, prices will vary by location. Here in Florida there are a lot of RVs for sale and priced accordingly. I think any location that is saturated with dealerships has far more used vehicles available due to trade-up pressures.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:28 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89sandman View Post

Where are you looking? That sounds like something that might be said by someone just entering the search, or somebody shopping only at dealers?
Old 02-13-2014, 07:44 AM   #52

Rexhall Owners Group
Low retail is possible. Wholesale and less is possible. But sometimes even that is too much.

Just looked at a 2000 Itasca Horizon. It was advertized at $34,500. Close to low retail. It was not in good condition. Either the interior or exterior. That was not the issue. I didn't even bother with the mechanicals. There was sidewall delamination*that was pretty obvious. The owner an 83 year old gentleman and his wife said they hadn't noticed it. That may be true but as I started to leave the wife asked if I would be interested if they dropped the price by $10,000. That tells me they knew it had a problem. Honestly on this unit I would not consider anything more than $15,000. But yes, low retail and even wholesale is possible. But as they say. Buyer beware.

There's another unit were looking at. We can probably buy for about the same price. It's a 98 high-end unit that has been maintained quite well. From what I can tell it doesn't need anything other than tires. If the owner will discount his price a bit, we're going to buy it. At least if it we can get a mechanical inspection. Honestly, I may be willing to take a chance and buy*this one without an inspection. It's that nice. This one has a Cummins 8.3 that looks new. It's a one owner that's been covered when not on the road. I'm pretty sure the the only reason the owner will not sell is because, at 85 and barely able to walk, he's not quite ready to give up RVing.

Tags
motorhome