Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry735001 View Post
here in FL we have on i4 some test sensors in the road to talk to trucks on the road its some type of test system

i have seen some posted some where that this system plays with some after market systems like this

could be some thing to think about

Never thought of this, will try to take note the next time my alarms go off.

To the original poster, check out my post and the problems I've had, still have no solution.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/dont-...ms-165471.html
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Try this theory..
1: A passing vehicle has the same TPMS system and one of their sensors, on a low pressure tire, has the SAME Electronic ID as one of yours?

Answer, as they pass, at some point their sensor will be much "Stronger" and will "Capture" your receiver, setting off the low pressure alarm.

Based on the behavior I am seeing (sudden drop of pressure to a specific value (50 psi or 30 psi versus the actual 85), then return to the correct value I would tend to believe this reasoning. HOWEVER - I have been acting under the belief that the sensors had unique ID codes to identify them to the receiver so as to preclude interference (they certainly have unique serial numbers). Is that not the case, and there are actually a limited number of broadcast ID codes for the sensors, so that interference from a passing sensor would then be possible????
Old 08-20-2013, 07:04 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
I just installed the Tire Safeguard and I have had 5 false alarms.
Two on the same and three on different tires. I will admit the first was alarming as it showed from 108 lbs to 0 . However this was showing on the left front tire and it was obvious it was not 0 as it was driving fine.
This was on a 36 ft Tiffin Red. I have now installed the same Tire Safeguard on our New 2014 Phaeton and in 1,500 miles no such alarms.
Hi,
I was reading this post and see you have a 2014 Phaeton, and you have a tire safeguard system. We are in the process of buying both. Please tell me about your Phaeton, how you like it or don't like it. If it is not too personal, give me an idea what you paid before taxes for the unit? Anything you can tell me would be appreciated.
Thanks