Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2013, 11:20 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The Fleetwood Discovery has a bunkhouse model that sleeps 7. Two in master bed, two in bunks, two in inflatable sofa bed and one the dinette table that collapses to make a small bed. Only 1 bathroom though. Newer units have 22 cu ft residential fridges. You could probably find older models for <$75k. They have washer/dryer and good size holding tanks. Ours is 100 g fresh, 75g grey and 65g black I think. I'm biased because that's what we have. . Good luck!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #16

An update - I HAVE slept 7 in my RV, not that I can ;-) 12, 12, 9, 7 and 3 adults. All very doable since kids have low standards ;-)

In a pinch, sleep on the floor. Or for fun, pitch a tent for a kid or two.

Chris
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigls2 View Post
The Fleetwood Discovery has a bunkhouse model that sleeps 7. Two in master bed, two in bunks, two in inflatable sofa bed and one the dinette table that collapses to make a small bed. Only 1 bathroom though. Newer units have 22 cu ft residential fridges. You could probably find older models for <$75k. They have washer/dryer and good size holding tanks. Ours is 100 g fresh, 75g grey and 65g black I think. I'm biased because that's what we have. . Good luck!
If I remember correctly I was the Discovery was limited to 5000 lbs towing. I'm probably going to need more than that for our toad.
curdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It may have changed by model year. We are rated at 10,000 lbs towing. The bunks are only 6' long and 28" wide so children may outgrow them quickly.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
I don't think you will find a motor-home with enough seating that has seat belts for 7 people.

You would be better off finding a tow vehicle that has the room for 7 people to ride safely FIRST then go looking for a rig to tow that is not over weight for the tow vehicle.

When you have that many people to think about and keep them safe your choices are limited.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Richard might be right. We only have 6 seatbelts.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #21

Quote:
The bunks are only 6' long and 28" wide so children may outgrow them quickly.
Well, I'm still waiting to out grow a 6' bed Maybe my day is coming

Do you know what models had bunks? I don't see any in my price range...perhaps I'm looking in the wrongs spots?
Old 08-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #22

While I can't speak from experience, I don't thinks its that hard to have someone add seat belts.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by curdy View Post

Well, I'm still waiting to out grow a 6' bed Maybe my day is coming

Do you know what models had bunks? I don't see any in my price range...perhaps I'm looking in the wrongs spots?
The 40G is the model w/bunks. I see them used once in a while on rvtrader.com. they used to make a 42' Discovery with bath and a 1/2 and a bunkhouse but it was a much more expensive tag axle coach that didn't sell well and was discontinued. we took the plunge and did it before our kids get too old to enjoy being with us. Our 10yo daughter is 5' so who knows how tall she will get?
Old 08-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #24

I was eyeing this when we first started searching. I decided I couldn't make that work yet and would just keep my eye out for one in a couple of years if I decided to go that particular route

2011 Fleetwood Discovery 42a, Class A - Diesel RV For Sale in Lewisville, Texas | Platinum Coach and RV | RVT.com - 94550
Old 08-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Probably wouldn't fit within your budget plan but this one would give you room to expand the family even farther.

Each little window on the side is a sleeper berth.

Rick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	377257_3451763267522_2007227393_n.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	44552  

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by curdy View Post
I was eyeing this when we first started searching. I decided I couldn't make that work yet and would just keep my eye out for one in a couple of years if I decided to go that particular route

2011 Fleetwood Discovery 42a, Class A - Diesel RV For Sale in Lewisville, Texas | Platinum Coach and RV | RVT.com - 94550
I think that's the one! Find one about 5 years old and you are in the right range.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Probably wouldn't fit within your budget plan but this one would give you room to expand the family even farther.

Each little window on the side is a sleeper berth.

Rick
Awesome! I want more pics!
Old 08-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #28

Quote:
The 40G is the model w/bunks. I see them used once in a while on rvtrader.com. they used to make a 42' Discovery with bath and a 1/2 and a bunkhouse but it was a much more expensive tag axle coach that didn't sell well and was discontinued. we took the plunge and did it before our kids get too old to enjoy being with us. Our 10yo daughter is 5' so who knows how tall she will get?

My 2 daughters are 24 & 19. I'm so proud to say they've always, and still do want to be with us.
They were even glad that I drove the bus for the private school they graduated from.
malexander is offline   Reply With Quote