Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2016, 01:42 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Filling water issues

Can anyone help... First time were went to fill fresh water tank.. Mt won't fill... I figure I know some things.... I cannot find a fill water tank valve...Im sure that it has one cannot find it... There is a gate valve on a inch or bigger line in this hole way back... No decals.. I have a 2012 Fleetwood bounder classic

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2016, 02:33 PM   #2

Can you post a picture of the wet bay? There should be a valve near where you connect the hose to the coach. One position tank gets filled, and the other position the coach water lines get water from the hose. I could post a picture of mine, but it is 6 years older than yours and probably different.

Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 02:41 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for your reply.. These things are all different.. Not sure hiow to post a pic.. There's a city water fitting on left side with 2 low point drains... Nothing else. On the right side is the gravity fill side.. Also on the right is the hot water bypass system
Old 03-27-2016, 04:40 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Usually Fleetwood has a valve right at the water pump to fill the tank. Follow the water line from the water tank to the water pump. Now look for a valve before the pump. That valve when opened should allow water from the pressurized side of the line to go into the tank.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:20 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't know where the water pump is.... It is so quiet compared to what I had... I'll look for the pump and find that valve.. Thank you for the help.. I'm gonna get it. Have fun
Old 03-27-2016, 07:27 PM   #6

Does your wet bay look anything like mine? My city/tank fill valve is the long black lever just about center of the black panel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7734.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	262.9 KB
ID:	122432  
Old 03-29-2016, 12:47 AM   #7

Wow! I was wondering the same thing with our 1993 Fleetwood Coronado, there is a hatch with what looks like the gas fitting to turn on the hot water heater, a valve with a screw top closure & a pressure thingy when lifted water pours out of another faucet like valve in same area. That is on the keft side of the coach. Then there is a much smaller (size of a hand) locked hatch- inside it has what I assuned was the water inlet, the inlet is covered with a plug. Is that where I would put the potable water?
Wish I knew how to post pics here.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:48 AM   #8

TerryShirley, hope you fibd the solution to your question!! ��
Old 03-29-2016, 03:39 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebeca View Post
Wow! I was wondering the same thing with our 1993 Fleetwood Coronado, there is a hatch with what looks like the gas fitting to turn on the hot water heater, a valve with a screw top closure & a pressure thingy when lifted water pours out of another faucet like valve in same area. That is on the keft side of the coach. Then there is a much smaller (size of a hand) locked hatch- inside it has what I assuned was the water inlet, the inlet is covered with a plug. Is that where I would put the potable water?
That is your gravity fill for potable water.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:11 AM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Terryshirley-

Here is a link to an electronic copy of the owners manual for your Bounder. The fresh water system instructions start on page 7-01 (page 60 of the document).
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:03 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryshirley View Post
Thanks for your reply.. These things are all different.. Not sure hiow to post a pic.. There's a city water fitting on left side with 2 low point drains... Nothing else. On the right side is the gravity fill side.. Also on the right is the hot water bypass system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebeca View Post
Try reading this thread. Posting pictures is probably different depending on how you are posting here. iPhone vs Android phone vs computer etc. I can explain how I post, but I don't know if your IRV2 access is the same as me.

Posting pictures
Old 03-29-2016, 10:42 AM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm having t trouble logging in on my phone this is my wife's phone.... Sorry hopefully we can figure it out
Old 03-29-2016, 11:20 AM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
Ok well see if my phone works

Tags
water