Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2014, 02:42 PM   #1

Filter found

Hi all, while changing my oil and filter on my 2000 Cummins ISC Newmar Dutch Star I found another spin on filter. It is a Fleetguard WF 2071. I can't find this filter anywhere in my books or how often it is to be changed. I googled it and know it is some sort of water filter. Can anyone tell me more about this filter?
BigAWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2014, 02:57 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hello, The 2071 is a coolant filter w/additive in it. On the ISC you have to get coolant test strips and check the SCA level of the coolant. Here is other postings on this https://www.google.com/search?q=sca+...earch=irv2.com for you to read up on.
Here https://www.google.com/search?q=cool...earch=irv2.com also.
You will see a vertical closure tab on the filter mount that has to be turned 90 deg. to close the valve. Be prepared to get a little coolant down your arm.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Hello, The 2071 is a coolant filter w/additive in it. On the ISC you have to get coolant test strips and check the SCA level of the coolant. Here is other postings on this https://www.google.com/search?q=sca+...earch=irv2.com for you to read up on.
Here https://www.google.com/search?q=cool...earch=irv2.com also.
You will see a vertical closure tab on the filter mount that has to be turned 90 deg. to close the valve. Be prepared to get a little coolant down your arm.

Yes, as stated above, it is a coolant filter. Be "gentle" when closing the valve....it, as I recall, is an aluminum setup and can be broken. And don't forget to reopen it when finished....I almost forgot to reopen mine!

BTW, if you are using now or are going to use an Extended Life coolant like Mobil Delvac with OAT formula (organic acid technology) in your ISC, you do not need the supplemental coolant additives (SCA) or the test strips. In that case, per Cummins tech line, you should go with a non SCA-charged filter such as Cummins Fleetguard WF 2077. Delvac, for example, is good for 600,000 miles on-road use before changing......"topping off" should be done with the same or comparable OAT-type coolant.

You might want to contact the Cummins filter folks to discuss.....their customer service people are great!

Hope this helps.....
Old 02-23-2014, 01:15 AM   #4

Thanks so very much for this information. I've passed this along to two others that did not know any of this. You sure have help save our engines.
BigAWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:28 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Before changing to an OAT coolant check that it is compatible with what is currently in the system. You may need to a complete drain and flush if it's not.

Chuck
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is online now   Reply With Quote