Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #1

filters (oil,air)

I have a 2001 coach with a cummins 350 ISC. What are the best filters(brand & #) for me to to use.
donperdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2011, 02:55 PM   #2

I worked as a service manager for a major truck leasing company for 38 years, maintaining all types of vehicles. Cummins Engine Co. owns Fleetguard filters and we never had any problem with the quality of their filters. I uses them in my Monaco with a Cummins engine and highly recommend them.
sharkie51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
+1 on Fleetguard
Dirtbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:13 PM   #4

Here, here on Fleetguard.
Greg
mahon1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:04 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Fleetguard and Donaldson
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:52 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Your specific filter numbers will depend on the chassis.The chassis manufacturer designs and installs the fuel system, air intake system, hydraulic systems, etc. and specifies the filters for them. Only the engine oil filter is a Cummins spec part.

Your chassis is probably a Freightliner, a Spartan or a Roadmaster, so the place to ask is in one of those respective forums.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:59 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
Your specific filter numbers will depend on the chassis.The chassis manufacturer designs and installs the fuel system, air intake system, hydraulic systems, etc. and specifies the filters for them. Only the engine oil filter is a Cummins spec part.

Your chassis is probably a Freightliner, a Spartan or a Roadmaster, so the place to ask is in one of those respective forums.
You forgot the coolant filter, most ISC's have them although I guess a few might not. Most ISL's don't have them, a few do.

I only use the filters specified by the various OEM chassis/engine manufacturers. Less hassle that way if something fails. Suppose an off brand oil filter fails, taking out the engine. The engine manufacturer won't cover it (if out of warranty), the filter manufacturer will only cover the failed filter so the repair/rebuild expense is all yours. Yes, I know about the Moss-Magnusson Act but then you have to prove the filter wasn't the cause.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote