Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal View Post
I just have a question. Do you have it loaded as you would for a trip. Full fuel, water, LP, food, clothes etc.? If you're just getting it weighed to get it weighed I kinda think that's a waste of time and money. Normally it's done when you're loaded and ready to leave on a trip. I guess though if it's a nice day for a ride, why not right? Anyway have fun.
Yep, it's pretty much loaded. Our fresh water and LP tanks are full; fuel tank topped off. All of our "household" goods and pantry staples are in. Tools, camping stuff, air compressor...CHECK. We have some clothes that stay in the moho, but would add a few items.

Mostly the only things not weighed today would be fresh foods and refrigerator items. We didn't load up the 'fridge for a day trip.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Sarah,

I wonder if DH weighed the passenger side front with and without you in it to see if you fibbed to him? Hee hee!

Happy to hear you got it done. I still have not had the four corners done so I'm just going on total axle weight. I'l get a "round-tuit" someday. (Don't need one - dont' send one.)

Just remember that when the tire guides give a pressure for the weight to give yourself a fudge factor. I've posted before how the fudge factor works. but in gist, example, if your weight is 4700 pounds and the tire guide states that 90 psi is good for 4710 pounds, you had better not eat a good meal, pick up groceries or ice, etc., or you can exceed the weight pretty fast. So if it states 4900 pounds at 100 psi and it is still within the tire mfg maximum pressure as stamped on the sidewall, than at that psi you have ~200# fudge factor. So you don't have to worry about cold and hot climes, or altitude, as you would still be withing the tire mfg's recommendations for max and minimum.

If you need more, I can certainly find my post for you to become erudite. Hee hee.
Hey, Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey. Let's not go there on the "weighing with me vs without me."

You really need to make the trip to Livingston for this weigh-in. Very professionally handled and lots of great info. We were impressed with the Escapees' HQ and campground, too.

Our moho weight was well within the limits and we are VERY glad to have made the trip and paid the nominal fee. We were advised to move some stuff around for better weight distribution, but other than that we are good to GO! I highly recommend getting the 4-corner weighing done.

And if you change your mind about the round tuit, I can email you one.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Yep, it's pretty much loaded. Our fresh water and LP tanks are full; fuel tank topped off. All of our "household" goods and pantry staples are in. Tools, camping stuff, air compressor...CHECK. We have some clothes that stay in the moho, but would add a few items.

Mostly the only things not weighed today would be fresh foods and refrigerator items. We didn't load up the 'fridge for a day trip.
Oh come on Sarah you guys could have stopped somewhere and done some cooking. Hope all is going well and oh yeah what did it WEIGH? Be truthful now.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thank you Cliff, that help answer some of my questions. It has bin a learning and costly lessons about tires .
Old 03-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #19
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadog
Thank you Cliff, that help answer some of my questions. It has bin a learning and costly lessons about tires .
Your welcome. If the learning exp. doesn't cost you , then you forget it and have to learn again. LOL

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #20

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It was really a good think it just cost $3700 for new tires but now I know I am safe. Will have to get the works weight now. Good thread
Old 03-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #21
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadog
It was really a good think it just cost $3700 for new tires but now I know I am safe. Will have to get the works weight now. Good thread
How many and what size tires were they?

Old 03-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #22
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal

Oh come on Sarah you guys could have stopped somewhere and done some cooking. Hope all is going well and oh yeah what did it WEIGH? Be truthful now.
Yeah. What did it weigh. Give.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #23

There's some thing girls tell.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #24

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
On this web page RV Safety & Education Foundation you will find a link (last I looked it is in the banner at the top) they come to you, when you wish, no need to drive save up on the scales. They also provide a lot of "Support" service too. Reasonable (in my opinion) fee.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal View Post
oh yeah what did it WEIGH? Be truthful now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Yeah. What did it weigh. Give.
Well, if you HAVE to know. ...

Front Axle = 6740 lb (3430 + 3310)
Rear axle = 13410 lb (6460 + 6950) <<this was one area we need to address; better load distribution
Coach total loaded wt = 20,150
Toad = 3740 lb

Fleetwood Recommended Load Limits for 2012 Bounder:
GVWR=22,000 (Max fully loaded vehicle)
GCWR=26,000 (Max Load + Toad)
GAWR (front) = 8000 (Max allowable wt/axle)
GAWR (rear) = 15000 (Max allowable wt/axle)

The weighers told us that many times the inequity in load distribution is built into the RV by the manufacturer. In that case, there isn't much to be done about load distribution except for weighing and packing carefully. The only way to tell whether the load distribution is inherent in the coach is to corner weigh it when totally empty. Not gonna happen. They also told us that many people take stuff out of the storage bays and put it into the toad to help balance their load in the coach. Also not gonna happen.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
There's some thing girls tell.
We petite flowers have no secrets. Except our age.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #27

Theres some items my MH came with I will never use. It is either coming out or being shifted to the front.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #28
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW

Well, if you HAVE to know. ...

Front Axle = 6740 lb (3430 + 3310)
Rear axle = 13410 lb (6460 + 6950) <<this was one area we need to address; better load distribution
Coach total loaded wt = 20,150
Toad = 3740 lb

Fleetwood Recommended Load Limits for 2012 Bounder:
GVWR=22,000 (Max fully loaded vehicle)
GCWR=26,000 (Max Load + Toad)
GAWR (front) = 8000 (Max allowable wt/axle)
GAWR (rear) = 15000 (Max allowable wt/axle)

The weighers told us that many times the inequity in load distribution is built into the RV by the manufacturer. In that case, there isn't much to be done about load distribution except for weighing and packing carefully. The only way to tell whether the load distribution is inherent in the coach is to corner weigh it when totally empty. Not gonna happen. They also told us that many people take stuff out of the storage bays and put it into the toad to help balance their load in the coach. Also not gonna happen.
I always knew you were a Real Women. Not afraid of telling your weight. Eat your heart out Dunner.