Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Talking FINALLY Getting Moho Weighed!

We have needed to get our rig weighed since we bought it last November. I found out a couple of months ago that the Escapees Club in Livingston TX does 4-corner weighing, but only by appointment...weekdays from 8 to 10 a.m. This made it difficult for us to schedule since my hubby works and is off on weekends.

Anyhow, to make a boring story even longer, we will finally get weighed this Friday morning at 10:00. Cost for the weigh is $45 for the moho and an additional $10 for the toad.

Best part of the whole thing...we get to take a 4-hour "road trip" in the moho!! Yay! (It's a couple of hours to Livingston and back.) We will return home and driveway camp for the weekend, just to get a few things done. Feels good, man!

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #2

This sounds like fun. I need to get my 4 corner weight too. I need to know tire pressures. I have been preparing for my 4 month trip all winter. I have terrible cabin fever, cant wait to hit the Oregon coast have fun on your trip and make sure you stop some and just look around. LOl, you know its all part of RVing

Old 03-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW
We have needed to get our rig weighed since we bought it last November. I found out a couple of months ago that the Escapees Club in Livingston TX does 4-corner weighing, but only by appointment...weekdays from 8 to 10 a.m. This made it difficult for us to schedule since my hubby works and is off on weekends.

Anyhow, to make a boring story even longer, we will finally get weighed this Friday morning at 10:00. Cost for the weigh is $45 for the moho and an additional $10 for the toad.

Best part of the whole thing...we get to take a 4-hour "road trip" in the moho!! Yay! (It's a couple of hours to Livingston and back.) We will return home and driveway camp for the weekend, just to get a few things done. Feels good, man!
Great news. It's important to get that done. I would save the $10 on the toad as its probably real close to what's on the reg. plus the towbar. Forget , I said that. Your Hubby still does that 4 letter word ( work), so you can afford it. Be sure to have full water and gas tanks and optimally it should be loaded as you would when traveling.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorLynn View Post
This sounds like fun. I need to get my 4 corner weight too. I need to know tire pressures. I have been preparing for my 4 month trip all winter. I have terrible cabin fever, cant wait to hit the Oregon coast have fun on your trip and make sure you stop some and just look around. LOl, you know its all part of RVing
Hey CorLynn! I haven't "seen" you around much lately! I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve, all thrilled to be going ANYPLACE in the RV. HAHAHA. Kind of pathetic, really. I'm thinking I might even get behind the wheel FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!!!

When does your trip start?

Old 03-14-2012, 12:04 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Great news. It's important to get that done. I would save the $10 on the toad as its probably real close to what's on the reg. plus the towbar. Forget , I said that. Your Hubby still does that 4 letter word ( work), so you can afford it. Be sure to have full water and gas tanks and optimally it should be loaded as you would when traveling.
We have gone back and forth on the toad thing...but it's only $10 so will probably get it done this one time. We will also be testing our newly-installed towing setup!

Thanks for the advice on loading!

Old 03-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Hey CorLynn! I haven't "seen" you around much lately! I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve, all thrilled to be going ANYPLACE in the RV. HAHAHA. Kind of pathetic, really. I'm thinking I might even get behind the wheel FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!!!

When does your trip start?
ah, im here lurking I am thinking I will take off the morning of April 30th. But don't mark my words....you just never know what can slow that date down. It will be no later than the 1st week of May! My last day of work here will be April 29th. LOL...thats sounds funny to just speed out the next day
Old 03-14-2012, 12:20 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorLynn View Post
ah, im here lurking I am thinking I will take off the morning of April 30th. But don't mark my words....you just never know what can slow that date down. It will be no later than the 1st week of May! My last day of work here will be April 29th. LOL...thats sounds funny to just speed out the next day
Hah! I think many of us would be preparing for weeks in advance, precisely so we could "speed out the next day!" We give new meaning to the phrase "READY TO ROLL!" I hope you have a great trip.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

We have gone back and forth on the toad thing...but it's only $10 so will probably get it done this one time. We will also be testing our newly-installed towing setup!

Thanks for the advice on loading!
Here is a Michelin Tire Guide that is really worth reading if you haven't already done so. http://www.costco.com/Images/Content...1_RV_Guide.pdf .

Old 03-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Here is a Michelin Tire Guide that is really worth reading if you haven't already done so. http://www.costco.com/Images/Content...1_RV_Guide.pdf .
Yeah, I've seen that. Thanks!

Old 03-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #10
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

Yeah, I've seen that. Thanks!
I knew you would've. Hopefully someone else will need it.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I'm sure someone will need that info, Cliff. Thanks again for posting the link.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:27 AM   #12

Quote:
Thanks for the link...I too need to get M/H weighed. Right now I'm running close to the max air pressure (dealer set-up) but have heard from some of my more exprienced M/H buddies that handling will be improved once pressure is set based on Michelin's recommendations.
aschuller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #13
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sarah,

I wonder if DH weighed the passenger side front with and without you in it to see if you fibbed to him? Hee hee!

Happy to hear you got it done. I still have not had the four corners done so I'm just going on total axle weight. I'l get a "round-tuit" someday. (Don't need one - dont' send one.)

Just remember that when the tire guides give a pressure for the weight to give yourself a fudge factor. I've posted before how the fudge factor works. but in gist, example, if your weight is 4700 pounds and the tire guide states that 90 psi is good for 4710 pounds, you had better not eat a good meal, pick up groceries or ice, etc., or you can exceed the weight pretty fast. So if it states 4900 pounds at 100 psi and it is still within the tire mfg maximum pressure as stamped on the sidewall, than at that psi you have ~200# fudge factor. So you don't have to worry about cold and hot climes, or altitude, as you would still be withing the tire mfg's recommendations for max and minimum.

If you need more, I can certainly find my post for you to become erudite. Hee hee.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just have a question. Do you have it loaded as you would for a trip. Full fuel, water, LP, food, clothes etc.? If you're just getting it weighed to get it weighed I kinda think that's a waste of time and money. Normally it's done when you're loaded and ready to leave on a trip. I guess though if it's a nice day for a ride, why not right? Anyway have fun.

Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote