Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2014, 09:29 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by slemnah View Post
I have many of the halogen "puck" lights in my Panther, which bulb do you guys recommend I get for that. I always plug in and run off shore power but I do have a solar panel to charge my 8 batteries.
Steve

Go to this website to identify your bulbs and fixtures...this guy specializes in LED retrofits for RV's

http://www.m4products.com/identify-bulb-bases/

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1408285745.691309.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	420.8 KB
ID:	71003

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2014, 10:26 AM   #30

Go to ebay search G4 12v and get em for half that price at most. See the M4 second from the top in that pic? Zoom in and look at that copper winding/regulator. Stay away from those, they will turn several TV's off or on as they are the same radio frequency as your remote.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:55 PM   #31

I totally agree, go to E-bay and look up the G4 base and take a look, there are many to choose from, just ordered 10 of the G4 5730 6 chip 250 lumen bulbs for a buddy and they were $18.96 for all ten. Hard to beat those prices. Just make sure you get the good ones, canbus are the best.
On another note Bad Bolt wanted some pictures of my solar system so here they are. As far as the batteries go the wiring looks like a mess but they work great and I know where all the wires go! lol. As far as wiring the solar system it isn't hard at all, 2 leads come from your solar panels, they go into the charge controller, 2 wires come out of the charge controller to your batteries. The fun starts when you run the wiring, finding a good route to install then can be a challenge. I wouldn't be without a solar system, just have to figure out the best spot to add 2 more batteries for a total of 6! Then I'll have more power, woo - woo - woo!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P8173091.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	362.2 KB
ID:	71079   Click image for larger version

Name:	P8173096.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	387.0 KB
ID:	71080  

Name:	P8173100.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	397.8 KB
ID:	71081  
Old 08-17-2014, 09:59 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilleshps View Post
Go to ebay search G4 12v and get em for half that price at most. See the M4 second from the top in that pic? Zoom in and look at that copper winding/regulator. Stay away from those, they will turn several TV's off or on as they are the same radio frequency as your remote.

? ? ? TV remotes use infrared light NOT RF energy.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:19 PM   #33

Then buy them and try it for yourself! Not everyone has 2014 TV's.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:21 PM   #34

Alright, mdpuff, you've got me stoked up on this excellent solar system you've setup.

Would you mind posting source and model number information for the components? I already see you have the MPPT 45 controller.

I would really like to price this out and give it serious consideration.

Great looking job!
Old 08-17-2014, 10:22 PM   #35

Like the previous poster said, 10 pack for less than $20. So why pay $10 a pc for those old school LEDs? Is that your site?
Old 08-17-2014, 11:53 PM   #36

Hey Bad Bolt, nice to see you are stoked on a solar system. The model number is E250B on the solar panels they are the high voltage (37V open) 250 watt panels. Hooked in series they produced 73 volts on a cloudy day when I installed them. Got them from Solar Penny in Meza Az, they are $275.00 each. They have a web site so you can bring them up and check our their systems. The complete system cost me around $1000.00 and I installed it myself. The next upgrade is going to be a remote display for the charge controller, it is mounted in the rear closet and it would be nice to have a display to show me charge voltage and amps, all it has now the way it came out of the box is a series of LED lights, red for low battery, yellow for medium and green for good, green LED flashes at full charge.

Hope this helps!
Old 08-18-2014, 09:16 AM   #37

Thanks everyone! On the to do list....

Tags
install